Howdy, readers!
It strikes me that we've got a LOT of new followers at PP&PB! Welcome!
Instead of making you wade back through years of posting (oh heavens!) to figure us out, I thought I'd give you all a brief overview.
We met in 2001. It wasn't love at first sight.
We started dating February 2002. He was a senior in HS, I was a junior. He played tuba, I played flute. SO cliche. My mom spotted him at my very first football game at AHS and told me about the cute blonde, blue-eyed tuba player with the happy looking father. Little did she know...
He went to Texas A&M fall of 2002, majored in Biology. Got into Texas A&M's College of Veterinary Medicine a year early. DVM c/o 2009.
I went to Texas A&M fall of 2003, majoring in Aerospace Engineering... which changed to ENGS. My passion is English, though.
We attended many a football game. Many a Silver Taps. Many a Midnight Yell. We watched George Bush Sr. ride a segway down the sidewalk while we were tailgating. It was awesome.
We got engaged on December 17, 2005.
We were engaged for a year and a half.
We have two dogs. Jethro, the bloodhound, who will be 7 December 1. Shiner, the hound mix from the labs at A&M. We also have a teeny-weeny white long haired cat, Lily, a Mexican Red Knee tarantula, The Cuteness, and an albino Cornsnake, Snowflake. Yep.
We got married at his home church on June 2, 2007. We had been "together" for over 5 years when we finally married.
June 2 also happens to be his parents' anniversary.
His mom's name happens to be Stephanie. So. We have the same name. And the same anniversary. We're making things easy, folks.
We are kids at heart. We honeymooned at Disney World and did a Disney cruise.
And we've done Disney twice since then.
We found out we were expecting a bundle of joy in November of 2008.
At Beutel.
Yes, Ags, I found out I was preggo at Brutal. I'm a real-life Brutal Beutel joke.
He graduated with his Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine in May 2009. He always wanted to be a Vet. He had NO back-up plans. He got into Vet School a year early, after only 3 years as an undergrad.
He's a freaking genius, and a passionate, devoted doctor.
We moved back to the Houston/SL area and he started working at the clinic where he grew up taking his dogs. Oh so wonderful.
We welcomed LRLC on July 13, 2009.
2009 was a darn big year.
And now we have this:
We're a pretty happy little family. I am so thankful for all of you who have started following along on our little family's journey. Thank you all for embracing us!







4 kind words:
So cute! Loved reading this.
"It's a small world after all..." I stumbled across your darling blog through Haley's and I recognize/remember you and your hubby from High School (I was an Austin Angel)! Grace (our Maltese) is a frequent patient at the vet your husband works at AND we have seen him a couple times before. Crazyness. Yall have a precious family!
You make me smile :-).
this post made me smile! LOVE!
Post a Comment