June 21, 2011

toddler tuesday: being a big boy

Man alive, there have been some changes in this household lately! 

Well, at least for Liam. 

Last Tuesday, as per usual, we put Liam on the potty before he took his bath. We'd never had *any* success on that potty before. But LO! He got it and went numero uno. Our ecstatic reaction must have been the spur the child needed because he is a toilet training fool. 

We've been having regular PTS every day and we're averaging 4 successes a day. I'm beyond thrilled with his overnight understanding. My mom dropped by with pull-ups and trainer underwear for him, too, so we're going to start transitioning to big boy pants while we're at home. Um, yeah, diapers while we're in public, still ;)

Not only have the PTS been a huge change for Liam, but last Friday night (he didn't dance on table tops) he spent his last night in my old crib. Our crib. *le sigh* Saturday afternoon, we set up his oh-so-darling big boy bed and he's been a complete and total CHAMP at that as well.



Truthfully, I was nervous about the bed. I was nervous he would climb out fifty times a night. I was nervous he would stand up and start throwing hissy fits and fall out. Thankfully, knock on wood, he hasn't done either (yet). 

I guess I'm just thanking my lucky stars that he's actually going to sleep in his big bed like he was in his crib, he's not sitting in it for hours crying. That may have been my biggest fear. Saturday night we were prepared to "fight the fight" and put him back in his bed about 20 times, and listen to him whine and cry until midnight. Neither. Heaven. 
(you like the dying baby monitor? oh summer monitor, you have served me well. i apologize for letting liam abuse you. lesson learned.)
He's such a good little boy.

Like, I know he's my kid, but he really has amazed me this week. He's potty training like nobody's business. He's sleeping in his big bed without a fight. He's just... an amazing little man!


Isn't his room cute? We moved ALL the furniture around. He (knock on wood!!!!!) doesn't mess with the paintings, luckily. 
We're going to transition away from Dr. Seuss as soon as my sweet FIL is done with his current (huge) undertaking. Once he's got some time freed up, we are going to turn Liam's room into a Phineas and Ferb room. 
Complete with Roger art right on the walls. 
I'm so excited!!

2 kind words:

Mariko said...

Hope Liam continues to do well with potty training!! And 'yay' for a big kid bed! How exciting!!

Stephanie said...

I'm glad he is adjusting so well! Way to go, Liam!