So in the same vein (I've been saying that a lot this month!) as the post on Liam's big boy bed, I started online window shopping for things for baby E's potential room. Should a baby E make her appearance in our family in a couple years.
Back when I knew I was pregnant, but didn't know Liam was Liam, I had planned out a girl's nursery in raspberry, lemon and white. I'm still stuck on that color scheme. I can't get over it. But it's hard to find *just* what I'm looking for.
Enter Serena & Lily's Ruby Heirloom Crib Bedding:
How about with the Hayes Glider in Punch with white piping?
And for the walls? 2 shades of yellow, in foot wide stripes, all around the room.
Of course, I'm not in love with the shades of yellow they used in the above photo, but you get the idea. The yellows I have in mind are much brighter, more pure yellow- less mustardy.
I'm also envisioning painting the dresser Liam has in his room (which will go to a younger sister, but not a younger brother) a great shade of pink. Then we'll put in a white bookcase like the Lilac Bookcase from Pottery Barn Teen. With the yellow on the walls, the pink on the dresser, the white on the crib and bookcase... it'll allow so many fun accessories to really pop!
Besides a beautiful, dainty chandelier like the White Ella Chandelier, I also see this, the Capiz Table Lamp -- in pink!-- looking so cute!
I'd love to add a few of these Petal Pop Wall Stickers as well, in both the pink and the white.
To keep a little yellow in the room, I'd toss one (or both!) of Pottery Barn's new Bee & Beehive Pillows on the glider.
Then I'd pick up the Pink Senegalese Storage Baskets in large and small to put toys and dirty clothes in.
That's what I have planned, at least. I long to make this room a reality. And I really hesitated about posting this nursery because my design/decor ideas are like baby names to me. I don't like sharing them lest someone decide to rip me off. Oh yes, I'm weird like that. Use my baby name, knowing I like it, or use my nursery ideas and I'll flip out. Warned.







6 kind words:
love the bee pillow and that nursery chair! super cute
Gorgeous! Loving the colors! Serena and Lily is to die for...love their stuff!
Well, when your ideas are great, you gotta protect them!
so pretty! now i want to go plan an imaginary nursery too!!
I have always loved that Serena & Lily bedding set. It was one of our best sellers at baby coco. Great choice mama! And, I love the departure from the traditional pink nursery. These are colors that E could grow with for years. LOVE!
Love this room...I hope you get to have a girl so I can see this room in action. Catching up on all of your posts now. Just loved seeing little L kiss your phone. So funny!
Post a Comment