Monday, of course, was Valentine's Day. Zach and I had 9:30 reservations at P.F. Chang's in Sugar Land, and it was kind of nice, actually. We missed all the mooning high school kids, and while it was still busy, it wasn't like there were mobs of people everywhere.
I hesitated about posting the picture, though, because the neckline on my dress is messed up-- it's a square neck, the lining was folded out and I didn't notice. Boo. But we rarely take nice pictures of the two of us. And by rarely I mean practically never.
Friday was busy and FUN, except for the very beginning. We had Liam's 18 month (1 month late) checkup at 8:30 in the morning. L is a big boy: he's 34.5 inches tall (99th percentile) and 30 pounds (90th percentile). Dr. Shaya was incredibly impressed by how strong he is, and he demonstrated by kicking the nurse in the gut with his thunder thighs when she gave him his shots. I felt bad, but it was her responsibility to hold his legs, after all. After we left the doctor, we headed to the mall to check out the City Flats at the Gap. My lady friends had all been raving, so I went to see what I could find. Due to the President's Day sale, I only paid $6.27 per pair! Considering they were $39.99 regular price, I was puh-leased. Then we headed to the park for our park playdate with Haley & Owen, Jacci & Scarlett, Taylor & Grayson & Gracie, and Haley & Haden. The kiddos had so much fun and it was nice to spend the afternoon outside.
Saturday, we spent the day at my parent's house. Liam got into his swim gear and played in the sprinkler. The kid loves water, y'all. He played with his Cozy Coupe, he played with his pushy Mater toy, he threw the balls for the dogs... My mom bought L a towel that pulls over his head- an anticipatory action for when my dad *finally* pulls the trigger on putting in his pool he wants. After we stripped him of his wet swim clothes, he ran around in his towel/cape for a while and loved every minute.
L also has a thing for getting IN dogs beds when they're in them. Not so much when the dog is elsewhere, but once a dog is in a dog bed, it's like moth to a flame. He cannot help himself. Cooper and Tucker BOTH got to experience this.
| Playing 1-2-3 with Grandpa Ed. |
Liam has been slowly, but surely, coming around to his ImagiNext toys-- Spike the dinosaur and Big Foot. Saturday night, I turned on Big Foot, gave L the remote and went to get my face cleaned up for bedtime. When I came out, L was feeding Big Foot. While he was on. Usually, he won't get within 10 feet of these toys when they're on. It was too cute. We then proceeded to play ball with Big Foot for about 20 minutes. Thank goodness these toys are finally getting some (little boy) playtime.
And THAT was our exciting week(end)-- hope you all had good ones too!
2 kind words:
precious boy! and precious you :-). I am going to come down to Houston sometime (after I find a place to live and move and what not) and I will let you know so I can see ya'll!!
You & your hubby look gorgeous before your date night!! AND...the pics of Liam in the sprinkler are just the cutest thing I've ever seen!! xoxo
Post a Comment