February 16, 2011

planning a big boy room.

That makes me laugh.

"big boy room."

It's not really a big boy room at all. I don't expect the decor we pick for Liam in 6 months to take him into our next home, middle school and beyond. In no way. Now that is my definition of a big boy room.

For now, we'll say 'big boy room' with a sense of slight irony. Can we? Thanks. 
Moving on.


------------------ ** -----------------

We've talked about Liam's second birthday as our benchmark for moving him out of his crib and into a bed. We're skipping toddler beds (hi, have we met? have we discussed my utter and complete loathing of toddler beds?) all together and going straight into a twin bed. Yep. Oh man.

We've ... ahem, I'VE ... picked the Camp Bed from Pottery Barn Kids in Weathered Navy.

My head is already spinning with plans for Liam's bedroom. Our current quandary is this:
We are not planning on having a second child any time soon.

I know. But it's bugging me because I feel like it's holding up plans for decorating Liam's room as it stands now.  Regardless of a future sibling, Liam will be in his current bedroom until at least late 2013 (hi, have we met? I'm planning my family down to the weeks). So from mid-2011 until late 2013, he'll be in the Dr. Seuss nursery. 

If I can get my grubby hands on it, we'll just get Liam the Dr. Seuss quilt and call it a day. Because he already has the sham and the crib quilt. Sheets I don't really stress about because there's an abundance of color and pattern to work with. If, by chance, they're all out of Dr. Seuss then my plan is to either buy the Kasey Quilted Bedding in Primary, or the Gingham Duvet Cover in Green.  All three will work in Liam's room NOW. 

But in the future? If Liam has a baby sister make an appearance in 2013, then he's going to be moved into the play room. Where the decor is brown, teal and lime. Right. What do I do with all the Dr. Seuss?
(if baby brother instead, baby K will be in the play room. simple)

It's all rather befuddling, because I don't want to drop hundreds on stuff I might not be using in a few years. Blah. WHY do I have to over-complicate things?

1 kind words:

Chelsei B said...

The Dr Seuss quilt is the most adorable thing I have ever seen.