January 4, 2011

new goals for a new year

{source}
I think resolutions are silly. All a resolution does is make me feel guilty at the beginning of the year because within two weeks it's gone down the drain. And you all know what I'm talking about, don't you?

So instead, I prefer to make a list of goals. They may be lofty, they may be miniscule, but as long as I can accomplish a few of the things on this list- if not most... if not all- then my time will not have been in vain. So here we go, goals for 2011.

Stefanie's 2011 Goals:

  • Finish 1st, current work-in-progress novel
  • Create display/chalkboard in hallway
  • Add landscaping in back yard
  • Make progress towards BA. 
  • Read at least 20 books
  • See Lindsay at least twice
  • Write at least 3 short stories
  • Write TV tie-in novel
  • Throw a barbeque
  • See someone I love get married
  • See Brenton & Leah
  • Meet baby boy Kennedy #4

There, 12 goals for 12 months. Some are easy, some are time consuming, some take a lot of work, some take a lot of money. So maybe I'll skip the ones that will cost a lot (meaning, landscaping and flagstone in the backyard, home improvements). Maybe I'll skip the ones that are just impossible (seeing people). But if anything, I hope I can keep to the ones that will be hard and take a lot of work.

Because this time next year, I'd like to be really, really proud of what I accomplished in 2011.


(oh, PS- I say BBK #4 because it'll be the 4th baby boy born to Zach and his cousins- or the fourth boy of this new generation. Nobody's on their 4th kid. Woah!)

5 kind words:

Molly Dorsey said...

So glad that you're public again and I can follow on my reader. Makes things a lot easier! Hope you have a great week.

the tichenor family said...

You can do it!! Can't wait to hear as you cross things off your list.

Ivy said...

lofty! but i LOVE every single one!!! what i would do to have the time to start a novel! i am so excited for you! if you ever need a proof reader... i'm your gal. you can do this!

Lauren said...

Good thinking with the goal idea- I like it very much! Looking forward to hearing about how you go about achieving each of them! Happy 2011

Lindsay said...

I LOVE your list of goals! I'm very excited about you finishing the novel and I cant wait to read it! Oh and I plan on making #6 happen! I miss my friend!