I realized I haven't really updated in a while about what's going on with the Clark family...
WE have been a busy little family of 3! I think. You know what? I know I've been busy this week, but I don't really know what I did each day- they all just kind of blended together.
FRIDAY I do know I spent the afternoon with my mother and father in law- my FIL was getting "unplugged" from his chemotherapy pump Friday and we usually go out to lunch. We tried the new Olive Garden in Sugar Land (approve! GREAT staff!) and then we headed to Hobby Lobby to find Rog a bell (long story!-- Mer understands!) and to find more supplies for Liam's birthday party. I decided I needed to make Liam's party hat because I hate- hate- hate most party hats but I know that Mr. Man needs one for his first birthday party.
So I whipped this up:
The picture doesn't do it justice: I'm actually pretty proud of it. I think it came out pretty cute. And speaking of parties...
We decided to get the little party animal to-be a mini cupcake at Ooh La La as a 'trial' run of his birthday cake. It was a success!
I HAVE to brag on my husband a bit.
He has become "Iron Chef Zach"-- he cooks more often than I do!! And he's GOOD!
Tuesday we headed to Whole Foods to get all the whole spices that my Mr. needed to make his various Indian dishes, and he came right home and whipped up the ingredients for a Vindaloo- which we had for dinner Wednesday night:
Um, it's as hot as it looks. It had 10 chile de arbols in it- OUCH! I made fresh homemade naan. :)
Tonight, yes, on Father's Day, Zach made Tikka Masala. It was AH-MAZING. Much less hot- I was actually able to finish my meal!
My hubby is amazing: girls, get you a man who can COOK! I told him I will clean the kitchen for hours if he wants to do the cooking. And honestly, I CAN cook- he just is a) better at it and b) more adventurous.
We went in April and bought an entertainment center at IKEA (!!!!!!!) and we got it all put together and up and running last time my dad was home (~ May 9). It has two drawers under the TV and one of them is my son's. It has an eclectic mix of objects in it that he enjoys carrying around. Right now, the FAVORITE object is my boomerang. Oh yes. My BOOMERANG. I got it in Australia- I think we picked it up at Melbourne's Central Market? Or maybe in Cairns, I don't remember. It's a boomerang, and it's Australian made by an Australian... you know. He LOVES it:
Last night we headed to Briscoe Manor for the wedding of my hubby's clients, my friend Christine and her fella, Justin.
It was a sweet wedding. You can tell that they're happy together and very much in love. They were in attendance at our wedding 3 years ago- when they were a "new couple." We sat at the same table as the mom of one of the bridesmaids, who was in *GULP* band with Zach and I in HS, and was in my graduating class. She's a doll, it was good to see her. A little awkward, because I talk to her ex more than her, but you know.
ALSO- the father of the bride was SO impressed by the DJ/MC husband wife duo that we had at our wedding that he insisted on having them there last night: at WHATEVER cost! And they're not cheap- but they're worth it!! It was awesome, though, because when we were on our way into the reception, the hubby (MC) spotted us and came over to shake Zach's hand and give me a hug! Yes, our party was THAT good- he recognized us after 3 years! It made me feel so good to have made an impression on one of our vendors that made such a huge impression on us. LOVED them. The wife didn't love my groomsmen for feeding her husband liquor throughout the night, though.
We had a sweet little first Father's Day around here:
Liam rocked a seriously appropriate onesie. Dear Baby Gap, thank you for cute clothes!
Liam got cranky before dinner time, while we were watching Who Framed Roger Rabbit (because I love that movie and so does Liam!) so I took pictures.
Off to bed sweet, sweet friends! My mom is heading over here bright and early in the morning so we can head down to Highland Village for the opening of a sweet new store to Houston--- so I can buy sweet treats for a fabulously sweet family of four!!!!
3 kind words:
Olive Garden in SL does have a great wait staff :)
ANy fun details you saw especially at Brsicoe? That's where I'm getting married next year!!
Can't wait to see what you buy for Mer and the fam!
LOVE Liam's Daddy onesie! TOO CUTE!
1. Love the party hat-- great job mama!
2. Love the cupcake picture of sweet Liam-- never too soon to start.
3. Yay for a hubby who can cook-- although, my husband has never cooked one thing-- he does clean up ENTIRELY after all meals, so I don't have to. No matter what the arrangement, it's nice to have a little give and take. One cooks, one cleans.
4. Love that in the picture of you and Liam before the wedding there's a Whataburger cup next to you, like in your blog design. Made me smile.
5. You are THE BEST friend ever for going to Sprinkles today. Seriously, rock star friend. Thank you!
Post a Comment