I've been hard at work getting decorations made and menus created for Liam's 1st birthday party.
When I was addressing his super cute- not-to-be-missed invites, it started making me so thankful for the wonderful people we have in our lives.
My dear, true friends have been supportive of us through everything- helped us when we needed it. With anything.
I have a precious child, a loving, supportive husband and two sets of amazing parents in my life- but I am truly blessed because I also have these people:



And even though my best friends all live in different cities, they're still as loving and supportive as they were when we were streets away, or in class together every day. Dallas, San Antonio, Florida and California are never too far away for those four people, and I just hope and pray that we get to see ALL of them next month... but I'll settle for half. :)
Ashley, Lindsay, Cory & Trevor: I love and appreciate you all more than I tell you. I cannot thank you all enough for being there for us when we need your support. (yes, Cory, I had your business site bookmarked!) (Oh, and Trevor is either going to win the Nobel Prize, or kill himself by blowing up his lab. Or both. He's brilliant.) We've shared some fantastic times- like the time Trevor came home from school after realizing one of his Chemistry idols had cited his research paper. Or the time Lindsay got to meet Trevor and Cory... nuff said. Or our ring dunking? I love you guys! I MISS you guys!
And then there are people who come back into your life that make you thankful that your paths (or internet pathways) crossed again, and for me, that's sweet Meredith. She is a loving friend, and amazing mom and devoted wife. She is one of those people who makes even an ordinary day better by dropping you a picture or a link to let you know she was thinking of you. As her plate gets fuller, as her family has expanded, she has stayed a faithful, beautiful person and who could as for more in a friend? Mer, I am truly thankful for you!
And then... there are people like Ashley Brooke. I've never "met" Ashley, never gotten to give her a hug, shared laughs over a drink, or made girl's night plans with her, but she's a true friend. I'm completely confident that if we were in the same city (or state... or time zone) we'd be fast, forever, true friends. Ashley has leant her support as I've embarked on hosting my first soiree, as I've been planning my child's first big yearly milestone... she's such a great source of comfort and knowledge and ideas! I am thankful for her!
Who are you guys thankful for? Who makes your days a little brighter?
3 kind words:
What a wonderful, sweet post. Yes, you and Zach have some amazingly wonderful friends. I love them all, too. And miss them. Good friends are so important. I'm loving finding (and being found by) my old friends from Oklahoma City. Though I'm quite lucky in that my very best friend is my sister! Love you, sweet girl!
Um I am totally thankful for YOU!!!!!!!!! I love you mucho mucho mucho!! and I can't wait to see you!!!!
You are SO sweet! I am so touched by your words. I am thankful our paths crossed again and look forward to years of friendship as we raise BOYS! :)
You are a blessing to me... thank you again for the beautiful flowers, they make me smile everytime I look at them! You're so thoughtful...
Lots of love!! Mer
Post a Comment