June 28, 2009

MAXI-mize

I have never really been one to want exactly what the celebrities are wearing- mainly because it's too expensive to try and keep up and because you can achieve a similar look for a lot less. However, I am a firm fan of a trend that has lasted a long time and has carried me through my pregnancy: the Maxi-dress. And not just any maxi, the Gypsy05 maxi. 


I love how simple and effortless this dress is, even when you've got a big 'ole belly! I was first turned on to the brand by the ever eclectic Ashlee Simpson Wentz, and her fabulous pregnancy style (which was too expensive to emulate, but I would have tried). After seeing it on Tori Spelling, Christina Aguilera, Denise Richards, Paris Hilton (ugh) and Lauren Conrad, I was convinced I needed one and that I could wear it before, during and after pregnancy. 


The first one I picked up was the standard "Organic Maxi Dress." It's a fantastic dress, and comes in such a range of colors. I had a tough time deciding on a color- I finally picked "crystal" and love it- very summery. However, if you're interested in this dress, I have had a problem with this color being a little too translucent... so much so that I have to really pick out undergarments carefully.

My second foray into the world of the maxi is with the "Dawn Maxi Dress." I picked it up in the blue shade as well, but it's a darker periwinkle color, not quite so see-through. It's on major backorder, though, and I don't expect it to arrive until long after baby is born...

Now I'm thinking about the "Neon Organic Maxi Dress." It wasn't available when I looked at the Dawn and I'm crazy about the color combinations. I have to say, this is money well spent- especially since I have a discount code (I've never paid full price on their stuff, you can often find codes on People's Style website or if you're on their email list, you get them once in a while) for the 4th of July. I have literally worn my maxi from before my pregnancy to just last night- and I'm 8 days until my due date! It's never had a problem with fit, and I know it's going to be comfy and cool when the baby's born and I'm wanting to find something easy. 

Interested? Let me know if you want my code :)

post signature

2 kind words:

AM said...

i miss you too! i'm going to try to come see you once my school is over!

Ivy said...

those are ridiculously cute!