... these are a few of my favorite things!
It cracks me up how often I am really able to do this post. Probably about every 3 months, at least. I think that makes me sound fickle, but it's not so much that, as my moods changing with the seasons. Who wants a heavy, pine scented soap in the Spring?

Laila:"An exhilarating blend of natural oils, Laila is an infusion of Norwegian mountain wildflowers with just a touch of fruit inflections, including watermelon." {Nordstrom}
This is a fabulous perfume (pronounced Lie-la, not Lay-luh). It's harder than the dickens to find, since Nordstrom stopped carrying it in their stores. It's amazing, it's expensive, but it's so, so wonderful. I have a tiny bit left in the bottom of the test bottle my mom brought me back from Disney World (you can get it in the Norwegian pavilion at EPCOT) last May. My mom actually got to meet the scent's designer when she was there... I think it will be my big Disney present to myself when we go in Summer 2012.

Very Sexy Now Fragrance Mist: " ... [I]ntoxicating blend of papaya, exotic orchid and creamy coconut milk." {Victoria's Secret}
Since I can't afford to pick up a bottle of Laila this summer, I'll be using this instead. I tested it at our local shop the other day and I love it. It's not going to be for everybody, though, but I think it's beautiful and summery, and since I'll be a new mommy, it'll be nice to have something to make me feel special. So I'm glad I got a card in the mail for $10 off (at least) and I can get in there in April and pick up a bottle for a couple of bucks!

My dad recently had a blast at the Sunglass Hut and bought himself, Zach and me new sunglasses. I picked these, and I love them. I swear by Oakley- I tried to go "girly" for a while with Coach, but I'll never betray Oakley again. These are described on the Oakley website as a "redefined aviator" and they are fierce. I love them, and I get so many compliments on them. Of course, I think I was born to wear Oakley sunglasses, they look exceptionally good on my face and I have yet to meet anybody who looks better in their models than I do. Snotty? Maybe, but it's true. Zach admits that he can't wear their sunglasses, and he has fun pointing out people who are wearing the "wrong" sunglasses for their face- and sadly, there are oh-so-many of those people out there.

Coach Ergo Patent Leather Pleated Framed Satchel.
I have had this picture on my computer for a while, and I can't link to it because Coach doesn't have it on their website anymore. I have had this bag for about a year, but since it cost so dang much, I've always been afraid to carry it. Then, about a month ago, I figured I should just go ahead and do it, because once the baby's born, I'll be carrying a diaper bag for goodness knows how long. It's a fantastic bag, it's so roomy, and I think the more I carry it, the prettier it gets. It was so stiff when I first started using it, but it's supple and gorgeous now. I also think the color is so perfect for Spring. Also, you should see the looks this bag gets! It's an eye-catcher, and, luckily, it looks pretty with just about every maternity top I own.
Those are my big ones that are really making me happy right now. Of course, there's the standard lotions and creams I couldn't live without. I use my Palmer's Cocoa Butter every night, as well as my Bath Junkie Shea Butter with Vitamin E-- scented with pineapple and coconut! I hate the way the Palmer's smells, so I use the Bath Junkie stuff to cover up the stench. I'm also a big fan of the Victoria's Secret "Secret Garden" collection. My favorites are Pure Seduction (casaba melon, plum and freesia) and Delicate Petals (tangerine, velvet rose and musk). I guess right now, with my waistline ballooning, I enjoy anything that makes me feel a little more girly.

1 kind words:
I love the fact that you are so continuous with your writing. I'm sorry I haven't been keeping up with mine, but I love checking yours and reading about what is going on in your life!! Love you!!
Post a Comment