December 5, 2011

a tailgate thanksgiving.

 Ah.

Hello blog. How ya been? 

Let's get right into it, shall we?

This past Thanksgiving, we opted OUT of the traditional sit-down at home dinner in lieu of tailgating in Aggieland before the last tu game for Dodds God knows how long. Whatever. Don't get me started.
Of course we won't discuss the OUTCOME of the game...

{and by WE, I totally mean commenters, cha?}

So. We bought a fancy plastic table cloth and set up in the parking lot, in OUR spot, under the tent and enjoyed a Thanksgiving meal my mom miraculously cooked the day before/of and managed to get all the way to CS warm and tasty. 

 We all even looked cute and festive, so Dad decided to try and get a decent picture...

But of course, Liam had other ideas. 


Some of our absolute FAVORITE people in the whole world, the Williamsons, dropped by and that made us super happy. They live in our neighborhood, no more than 1 minute away by car. It's awesome. Christine and I have known each other since our brothers were kids in elementary school together, so probably since 1995 or so? That's a long damn time, yo.


They're too damn cute.
My dad, hubs and I headed into the stadium around 6:00 (to ensure we got to see the corps, and the senior day stuff) as the sun was headed down. I love being in Aggieland. OH SO MUCH.

Kinda awesome to know that XII will never be there again. 
In my mind, the picture below totally has a soundtrack. 
It rocks my face off.
Corps March-in.
Student section.
I can TOTALLY sit over there next year. As we welcome some of the BEST TEAMS in the country to Kyle. Oh yeah. 
The students again. 
Now. WE MAY NOT have had the larger number on the scoreboard when regulation time was over. 
BUT. BUT. BUT.

We ALWAYS win HALFTIME.

You may want to check out the band's performance, looking in particular for the Four-Way, which they do once a year, and is the signature big !!! move for them. It occurs at around 3:00 in -- they're setting it up at 3 minutes, it's amazing. I wish I could video so much better, wish I'd had an actual video camera instead of my little point and shoot. Apologies for the commentary by myself, my spouse, my dad and our neighbors.

2 kind words:

AM said...

Dude that was amazing. And it made me tear up a little. That is awesome!! I am so glad you guys got to spend your Thanksgiving there! Love you!!!

Nancy/Mom said...

Wow! That was fun to see the band's performance since at the time Liam and I were at your house! There is NOTHING in this world like Aggie football - win or lose. Can't wait until next year!