August 4, 2011

all dogs go to heaven


 Good night my angel time to close you eyes
And save these questions for another day


 I think I know what you've been asking me 
I think you know what I've been trying to say


 I promised I would never leave you
And you should always know


 Where ever you may go
No matter where you are
I never will be far away


 Good night my angel now it's time to sleep
And still so many things I want to say


 Remember all the songs you sang for me
When we went sailing on an emerald bay


 And like a boat out on the ocean
I'm rocking you to sleep


 The water's dark and deep 
Inside this ancient heart
You'll always be a part of me


 Goodnight my angel now it's time to dream
And dream how wonderful your life will be



 Someday your child will cry and if you sing this lullaby
Then in your heart there will always be a part of me



 Someday we'll all be gone


 But lullabies go on and on


They never die that's how you and I will be 




Goodbye baby.
Mommy loves you and misses you so much.
Thank you for being a complete delight and blessing us for 6 1/2 wonderful years.

13 kind words:

Simply Sara said...

Awww, I am sitting here bawling, so sorry you don't have your pup with you. They really are a true part of the family...and you can tell what happiness was brought to you all....in my thoughts....

Sara

AM said...

I love you guys. Bubba will be missed :-(

KTBFerg said...

Stephanie,
I'm so sorry about your sweet little fur baby! I'll be thinking about you guys.

KJJ Houston said...

Oh Steph my heart is breaking for you and your family. Your post is beautiful. If it makes your heart a little less heavy, know that one of my best friends lost her pug yesterday, so I'm certain these two have already made friends and are walking in together. Lots of smiles, snorts and chasing going on above us! Thinking of you

Jenn said...

Sorry to hear about your loss Stephanie.

Karla said...

omg, this made me cry! Beautiful post. Don't know what to say but I wish you well and sorry for your loss. I just can't imagine loosing my Coco :(

Good wishes for you!

xo,
Karla

Mrs. Shuler said...

So sorry for your loss, Stefanie. What a heart felt post, you've got me in tears! You all are in my thoughts!

Anonymous said...

So sorry for you and your family - treat yourselves kindly xx Lauren

A Big Little Life said...

I don't know you but I can't imagine how hard it is to lose a pet. What kind of dog was he?

Desiree Lynn said...

Oh I'm so very sorry. I dread the day I have to say goodbye to one of my babies. *hugs*

Brittney said...

Long time reader, but I've never commented before. I am so sorry for your loss.

Losing your dog is incredibly painful. We lost our 15 year old Lab two years ago - but there is not a day that goes by that we don't think about her. Our children were very small, but they still ask questions about her, and want to know about what it's like for her in Heaven. It makes me happy that they still love her - she was our first baby - she taught us to love something greater than ourselves, and we owe so much to her!

It gets easier day by day, but I know how difficult it can be to look at their spot on the floor and not have them there. It's painful. But for as much as it hurts, theere will be days when something happens and you'll swear that he's still with you. Dogs are never far from our hearts!

Kristen Kelley said...

Oh I am so sorry for your loss Stefanie. Losing a pet is just as difficult as losing a family member. My thoughts & prayers are with you!

Pineapples and Pickles said...

Such a sweet post! I read it last night, but couldn't see to comment through the tears.