June 29, 2011

Nailed it 001

Alright, I said I as thinking about another recurring post and here it is!

I love to do my nails. 
I think, for me, it's almost therapeutic to do my own at home, rather than go and get it done. 
Besides, I figure for every one mani at a salon, I can buy what, two? three? bottles of nail polish. 
And as often as I like to change colors, that fits me just fine.

Right now, I'm really into Essie's nail colors.
My particular favorite of the summer is Tarte Deco.
It's a really bright coral, with lots of orange undertones. 
I've worn it all summer, but this last time, I used a little Martha Stewart glitter in turquoise to add a pop.




See how dramatically different the color looks in each photo? I was trying, trying to get the color to photograph right, and just wasn't satisfied.
I think the truest to color images it the largest photo.
Lots of fun.
I get tons and tons of compliments on this color.

There are lots of other things I can cover, so stay tuned.
I've tried the Sally Hansen Nail Effects (I love in Blue Ice! Notsomuch in the multi glitter) and the newest OPI shatter, Silver, which is a blast and a half. I'll cover all those things in the future.

For right now, though, I am going to sit and remove my coral and give Absolutely Shore a try with a little Aquamarine Crystal glitter. We'll see. 
I'm fully expecting glitter removal to be a complete pain in the butt. 

3 kind words:

AM said...

see I can never make mine as pretty as yours! how do you do it?!

the tichenor family said...

you have "model nails" -- you could totally be a poster on the wall in a nail shop. love the orange-y/turquoise color combo!

KJJ Houston said...

you do have pretty nails!!