December 11, 2010

technically...

Technically,

... it's Saturday.
It's past midnight, at least. 


Last night, I entertained Liam by putting on a show in the kitchen. He sat in his high chair and watched me make broccoli casserole, try to figure out how to make the roasted red pepper sauce, clean and make cheese sauce from scratch. 

The red pepper sauce ended up being too hot for Liam to eat (hello, mama's a little heavy handed with the red pepper flakes!) so I skipped it in his meal, but he sat quite pleased with his meal besides.


I was so impressed that he voluntarily started eating his broccoli, and continued to eat it. 
He was quite cute, trying to eat a whole ravioli with a fork-- because he wouldn't allow me to cut them up. I tried with one piece and he threw all the little pieces on the floor. *sigh* He's very much a child of his own mind. 

I can recommend the roasted red pepper sauce, with relish, but warn you: Kate should have told everyone that a bib is required. It's so fantastic, you'll make a fool of yourself eating it. 
And this girl, who never goes back for seconds, definitely did last night. 


I haven't a clue what I am going to do today-- (it's strange to write today's post when I haven't gone to bed yet). I'm hoping to get the whole house vacuumed, the kitchen floor cleaned and maybe I'll have time to glitter these:


I picked them up at The Container Store on Wednesday, and I just adore them, but I think they are very seriously wanting something.
First, I thought about wrapping the base in ribbon to add a pop of color, but as Zach pointed out, next year our tree/decor's color scheme might be completely different, so if I decorate to match this year, they might be obsolete next year. 
So now I'm thinking I might pull out my Martha Stewart glitter in 3 shades of gold to silver and make them pop that way. I can't figure out if that'll be enough color. Maybe a red, a gold and a silver? 
Hm. 

Oh, and my dad wants to mow my backyard, and to borrow "my" car to get a 23 foot ladder, and to hang Christmas lights on my house, and to trim my bottlebrush in the front flower bed... 
(he doesn't get to do household chores overseas and comes home and does them with zeal.)

It'll be interesting. :)

1 kind words:

Ivy said...

what a good eater liam is!! i am going to hav to try the red papper sauce.. yummy! did you glitter the trees?

i know having a provate blog can be a mummer sometimes & it only lets your have 100 readers (whats up with that?!) - but at least you wont have crazies knowing what you are up to and those that love you the most can still keep up! youll get used to it and its actually much nicer not to be displaying your whole life for the world to see.. :)