December 21, 2010

ladies' night

{image source}
Tonight, my mom, grandmother, mother-in-law and I are headed to the Alamo Drafthouse for their Ladies' Night.

If you've never been before, it's seriously the b-e-s-t.

Essentially, it's a movie theatre where nobody under the age of 18 is allowed in (excepting those with a parent, who they have to sit with the whole time), where they remove every other row of seats and replace them with bar tables, where they show hysterical clips before the movie instead of seven random slides of trivia and adverts that run over and over and over and over and over again, and where you can get a full meal brought to you, and served to you, during the movie.

Seriously. Best movie going experience ever. I first heard about it when Haley mentioned it a while ago and checked into it- hubs was intrigued and we suggested it to his parents one night as a fun something to do.

Since then? We've never been to another movie theatre. Zach and I have a new standard-- is it Alamo worthy? If not, we wait for it to come out on On Demand. We see a lot less movies in the theatre, but we have a much better experience in those that we do.

ANyway- a little off topic, but tonight we're heading to see one of mine, mom's and Steph's favorite Christmas flicks. You know you wish you were coming!
{image source}

4 kind words:

AM said...

I TOTALLY wish that I was coming!

KJJ Houston said...

I love that movie! PS- I hate that I dont get reminded to check your blog anymore with new feed...boo, but I understand :)

The Sturgeon Family said...

LOVE the shout out! SO glad I turned someone else on to Alamo. Best place ever.

Chasity @ Haute Mommy Blog said...

I heard they have Crybaby nights, where you can bring your babies and toddlers and not have anyone getting all grumpy about it!