I haven't live posted in a couple of days- we've been busy. Friday we had a party at Zach's cousin's house to celebrate their recent elopement and home purchase.
Last night was the BBAH clinic christmas party for the grown ups, Liam went with his grandparents Small to pick up his great grandmother (his GiGi) at the airport. What happened at the Christmas party does not bear repeating- we had fun. Didn't leave Dr. P's house until 12:30 (hey, that's a late night for us, folks!) and Liam wasn't put down until after midnight. My mom finally brought him back to our house to go to bed. He was thankful for it, too, I believe.
I have to say, Dr. P and his family have a new member: the most precious little 10 week old French Bulldog puppy I have ever seen. She is just a doll- hardly felt her paws on the hardwood all night because she was toted around by one clinic employee or the other. If I ever thought I wanted a Frenchie bad before, it's about a bazillion times worse now. Look out-- we will be a Frenchie & Bloodhound family for the rest of all time and I will be blissfully happy. Dr. P is also going to speak on my behalf to a certain Maine Coon breeder. I am desperate for one of her cats, and after seeing the P family's big ole boy last night, I'm thinking sooner rather than later would be the optimum time to add a new member to OUR family. Cat lady, right here. That's okay, I have Sarah to support and love me no matter my kitty nuttiness.
Speaking of my beautiful white fluffums, there is a very lovely little lady who has taken up residence under our Christmas tree. See? She hides in the back corner.
Liam LOVES that she's under there, but is frustrated that he cannot get to her. So he drags his Santa Mickey away from the tree, rearranges packages in order to try and get to his cat. It's simultaneously infuriating and hysterical. I would prefer he didn't dig around under the tree, but at least this year it's not packages he's after, so I don't have to re-wrap anything.
This morning, we headed to church (not bright, not early) for the 11 o'clock service as it was all-Christmas-music Sunday! My absolute favorite service of the year. Liam behaved himself SO well, he sat between Zach and I, with his cup of Cheerios and a sippy cup of water, and laughed, bobbed his head and wriggled with the music. He had a particular fondness for a Celtic Christmas Song, and his Grandma Steph's short reading.
Tonight, at least my mom, dad, grandma, Liam and I, are going to pack ourselves into my mom's Pilot and head into Pecan Grove to look at Christmas lights. We didn't do it last year, and I'm bound and determined to see some this year. Yes. Alrighty. All for today, hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend! I'm off to put a certain somebody down for his afternoon nap.
**EDITED**
So my family couldn't go look at lights tonight, but my hubs packed both L and I into the car and drove us around PG for an hour. He's a rock star.
Also, L has discovered his comforter. I've always left it draped over the end of his crib nearest the window to help block out light. Now, he grabs it and pulls it into his crib with him. Every. SINGLE. NIGHT. Tonight, he pulled it over himself and snuggled down under it and went to sleep. Freaked me out when I looked at the monitor. It's kind of a lot precious.
Lastly-- I have bug bites (I have to assume) between almost all of my toes on BOTH my feet. And not one bite here, there. MULTIPLE bites. It hurts. Shoes are a pain. I haven't a clue where I got into bugs that would do this to my feet.
Yep. That's all for today.
2 kind words:
Have a blast! I love you!!
I LOVE Maine Coons!! Dillon and I wanted one so badly before we got out cats, but we found our fur children at CAPs and gave up on finding our Maine Coon. I can't wait to see pictures when you get one! I also love reading about your family happenings! :)
Post a Comment