December 13, 2010

and on the 13th day, i baked.

Today, I baked. Today, I baked a lot of cookies. 
I may have baked too many.


I may have spilled a lot of flour...

I also may have severely overbought on supplies.


I for sure had one cutie patootie to help me. 


I may have used a cook book so ancient it's held together with packing tape. 

I may also protect the gingerbread recipe held within its pages with a fervor not to be rivaled.


I may have the world's cutest little goofball. 


I may also be insanely in love with my IKEA cookie cutters. 

I may have almost forgotten to make gingerbread MEN I'm so in love with said cookie cutters. 



I may have made the trip to IKEA just to get this one cookie cutter. 

I may, or may not, still have a pretty big *thing* for julenissen. 


I MAY have over done it on the baking. 

I may have exhausted myself. 




I may be rewarding myself this evening with a tall glass of ice water and a Kinder surprise.


I for sure still love these.

I definitely still play with the toy provided. 





I may have left the puzzle on the table for all to see. 



I also may have sore shoulders after using my rolling pin from 1:30 to 7:30 today.

My house MAY be still about 75 degrees from the oven being on all afternoon.

I may have gingerbread dough in my hair. 

I may have flour under my nails. 

I may be saving the frosting and icing for another day. 

I may also be really happy my kitchen is full of cookies and my beautiful KitchenAid got used today.

4 kind words:

kate said...

Ooo geez that's A LOT of cookies! They look yummy and you get a giant gold star for already completing your holiday baking...I still don't even know what I am going to bake! I have the ikea cutters too...soooooo cute! Well done! ;)

AM said...

That is so awesome!! And I love your puzzle :-)

Stephanie Marie said...

Oh my gosh... we had that sweet cookbook when we were little! I have to track it down and see if my mom still has it. Way to go with all of the cookies!

Mariko said...

I love this post for so many reasons! Pictures of a cute little boy. Your beautiful KitchenAid mixer that reminds me that I need to get mine out for some baking. The cookie cutters. THE COOKIES! The Kinder surprise. And the mess of baking is a great mess.