November 9, 2010

lookin' at liam

WARNING: THIS POST IS ALL OVER THE PLACE.

So, to be honest, I couldn't think of anything more fun than just sharing a bunch of pictures of Liam enjoying just being Liam.

I KNOW I said I'd explain our Halloween costumes, and share that super awesome comment we got, but I don't feel like doing that right now because that requires more internet browsing for links than I'm really wanting to do right now.
Can y'all just take a raincheck until next time?
THANKS.

Liam was so much HELP when we were getting his playroom painted. He carried around old cans of paint for me, just to get them out of my way. Didn't he look cute? I die for those little shoes on him.
Liam also seems to think that he's being a huge help when he takes all the DVDs or video games out of their cabinet and slides them under the open door. Being honest, I pick up disc boxes twice a day and he usually pulls out so many that it takes me a good long while to put them all back correctly.
(read: I cannot just put them back. They have to be grouped. When he pulls out the comedies-- which is his favorite to mess with -- I have to sort them so all the Mel Brooks films are together, all the old Robert Downey Jr. films are together, all the non-Mel Brooks movies that star Gene Wilder are together, all the 80's comedies are together... you get what I'm saying? It's not a short/quick little put away. Yes, I'm that weird about things.)


One day this past week, when it was cold, Liam and I bummed around the house in sweats. It was divine. 
I snapped this picture of him getting after the water we'd decided to share:

He also discovered the Teddy Grahams that came with his kid's meal from Mission Burrito (Betsy, I really wish FL and TX were closer, so we could go burrito lunching together!). He was enamored and I thought it was pretty cute to see this little boy eating out of the bag like a big kid.


In addition to eating Mission Burrito with mommy and daddy at lunch, and getting after the big water jug, Liam played with Jethro. It just melts my heart to see these two boys together. 

Liam has been growing lately, and has recently gotten to such a size that his Baby Gap PJs that he wears every night are getting a little bit small, so the other night, I had to put him in the pair of PJs that we bought for him to wear on Christmas Eve:
Are those not the cutest darn things you've ever seen? I'm already swooning over the pictures we'll get of him with his packages in front of the tree in these a-freaking-dorable pajamas. Seriously. Try not to crack a smile thinking about it.
(Speaking of Christmas: I'm SO ready to start decorating. If my hubby would give me the go-ahead, I'd put the tree up tomorrow. My mom is in the process of putting her tree up and I'm super jealous of the sweet glow that's coming off of the fairy lights. However, I still have pumpkins out in the spirit of all things Thanksgiving. But as a non-land-meat-eater, I'm not a big Thanksgiving person. Besides the FOOTBALL, but we'll get to that next.)

I already mentioned I'm jealous that my mom is putting up her tree, but another reason I'm jealous of my mom is that she was IN Kyle Field on Saturday night when my Fightin' Texas Aggies BTHO ou! My poor child, y'all. He was so freaked out. Zach and I screamed and jumped and ran around and danced throughout the entire game (I lie, throughout the first half and the opening 2nd half kickoff, and the 4th quarter). Every time our D held on a goal line stand, we fist pumped and bellowed. Every time Cyrus broke open for a massive yardage gain, or a touchdown, we jumped around and screamed. Liam has NEVER seen this behaviour before, so after every "celebration," he broke down and wailed. Poor kid. But he's got to get used to it. 

Out of sight but never out of mind, my mom and brother were SUPER sweet and brought all of us presents from College Station. They brought us Maroon Out shirts, but Liam really cleaned up. He LOVES his football jersey!

I would be lying if I said I don't dream about seeing an image similar to this one on the jumbotron in 18 years:
(his dad wants him to be a linebacker. he's a big boy. i am pushing for qb. why? hello! roughing the passer is a legit penalty.)

And WHO DO I THINK I AM?!?

I seriously wore skinny cords and converse on Sunday. I am not cool enough to pull this look off.

Also, Converse, WHY do your shoes make all feet look GIGANTIC? I have a size 8 foot, I don't like looking down and feeling like I've got a size 12. Just saying.

But they are cute.

Liam also discovered the joys of "walking" around on your knees. He couldn't figure out how to do it quickly, because his sneakers were dragging on the carpet, but it was darn funny and it was really driving my mom's dogs nuts.

Finally, my mom moved off of her couch to sit on the floor with Liam because he kept wanting up on the couch, then he'd roll off and then want to get up again and start the whole process over. She eventually decided it would just be easier on everyone (her arms, namely) to get down on the floor with him. Once she did, she had everyone in her lap:
THAT, my friends, is my mom's own little slice of heaven.

2 kind words:

AM said...

so what you're saying is that our boy needs new pjs......hmmm and I was JUST thinking what to get him for his Auntie Ashley Thanksgiving bundle. What size is my hefty nephew now? (I seem to have a few of those, not that I'm complaining!!) oh and I love you :-)

the tichenor family said...

he's such a cutie. and in the spirit of a friendly rivalry (afterall, college football wouldn't be nearly as exciting without them)... liam looks precious in his jersey! it's so fun to have boys and instill in them your TEAM LOVE!