... I shall answer!
I've gotten a bunch of questions in the comments on the blog lately, so I figured I'd take a minute and answer you all.
This, I believe, will be the LAST live post from me for a couple of weeks.
I have posts scheduled for when we're out of town, and I hope you all keep up with us, and leave us love, even though we're not at home.
I love that you're all candle people like me! I have gotten more bloggity questions about candles lately, I can't even tell you!
First up, I've been asked what my favorite candles are, or what's burning in our house at the moment.
It's a toss up, folks.
I picked up this one today:

"Pumpkin Patch" is a blend of Spiced Pumpkin and Harvest. It smells delicious. Simply put.
And this one:

... I believe may be my favorite. So much so that after burning the first one I bought a few times, I picked up a second because I knew I'd burn up the first one. "Harvest Festival" is a blend of Harvest and Fall Festival. I must be crazy about that 'Harvest' scent, as both my two "burners" are a combination involving that.
Continuing in the candle theme:
I have gotten lots of questions about what these two candles smell like.
The first, "All Hallow's Eve" is a swirl of Midnight Jasmine and Evening Air. I think it's refreshing, but my hubs isn't a HUGE fan of it. It's a hard one to describe, slightly floral, very fresh, but not musty. Love it!
The second, "Witches Brew" is patchouli scented. It's by far Zach's favorite. He'll periodically just pull it out and smell it, cause he likes it so much. We're saving it until October. I'm pumped. I get excited about this black candle every Halloween-- and always go back for it, year after year. Fave.
Moving on from candles, I've gotten questions about my proposed desk.
You remember, this post?
Well.
I still want a new desk. We have opted not to build in. BECAUSE my dad made some great points: what happens when we move? What will I do for a desk? If I put in all that effort, won't I be bummed to leave it?
The answer to all of that is: Yes, I'd be sad, and I have no idea what I'd use.
So we've got another project planned that I'm even more excited about because it's embracing that oldest and noblest of the Environmental Geoscience traditions: recycling.
My daddy and I are going to do it together, and I can't tell you whether I'm more excited about a new desk, or getting project-y with my oft-away, expat daddy.
Finally:
I have gotten 2 questions about what I use to write in my MomAgenda.
They're UniBall's Fusion gel pens. The big ta-dah! about these is that the clear ink writes colored. They come in a pack of three: purple, pink and blue. I can't find the blue one though. I believe a certain young man with a taste for thievery and stuff-hiding has squirreled it away somewhere. Oh well.
Cest la vie!
I hope I helped some of you out, quieted your wondering minds and all that.
I am off to do laundry: I have two vacations to pack for, with about an 18 hour turn around between them, so that's a lot of prep to do. Lists to write. Lists to rewrite. Lists to make sublists of. Piles to make. Piles to label.
Read: Distraction by a 24 pack of Sharpies.
Have a wonderful, fantastic couple of weeks, my dear friends and readers. I'm going to miss reading about all of your daily adventures and what's going on with you while I'm away!!
0 kind words:
Post a Comment