I have to admit, I'm really *slow* in getting around to posting about vacation. Partly because I'm saving them, I think.
I have horrors of the condo to do a whole post about, and then there are all the ones about Florida... I'm not in any hurry to relive the nastiness that we inhabited for 3 days, nor to dwell on our vacation since we're back in the daily grind. The former will just disgust me, the latter, depress.
And so, how about a topic that is rampant in the blogosphere, and yet, vacant on this little space of the interwebs. Truly, I mention our TV viewing here and there, but rarely dedicate a whole post to it. However, I felt it was high time to give my favorite views some love.
CASTLE: ABC (monday)
TOP GEAR: BBC America (monday)
Top Gear is fantastic. PERIOD. This is what I'm watching while the rest of America watches D-List celebrities and famous people's brats waltz and cha cha cha around a dance floor. Oh yes, these three middle aged British dudes are the funniest thing on TV. The new season starts THIS Monday, and I am giddy. If you have someone in your house who's even remotely interested in cars, I promise you this is one you'll get hooked on. The things these guys do! There's the time they drove across Africa. And the time they drove motorcycles through Vietnam. And the time they drove American muscle on the salt flats. I could go on and on and on and on. But you have the chance to catch them for yourself this weekend! BBC is running a marathon, so excepting for the few hours in the evening when they're running their "Accent of Evil" movies, you could switch away from football games you really don't actually care about and watch these 3 goobers run amok. Trust me, well worth the channel change. And it's a "guy's" show... your hubby won't complain too much.
{aside: I'm watching right now, and they've bought 3 cars in Miami, each costing less than $1,000 and they're driving their beaters to New Orleans, camping along the way, and only eating what they find dead on the side of the road. Yes, seriously.}
BORED TO DEATH: HBO (sunday)
This is a recent favorite. Recent as in, we watched all of the first season today. I switched to it while I was cooking part of our dinner, at 7, and then we watched it all night. Between the 3 stars, there's a lot of funny man in one place, and yet, they don't try too hard. I'm usually not one for HBO comedies, I think they try too hard to be "intelligent" humor, but this one struck a chord with me. Maybe it's all the writer jokes? Maybe it's
BOARDWALK EMPIRE: HBO (sunday)
Okay, yes, we've only seen the one episode. But I could have told you I would love this from the very first preview. I L-O-V-E mob related films... but the right kind. I mean, I'm not a fan of the Godfather movies, or Scarface... none of that 80's stuff for me. But I do love Public Enemies, and some of the older mob films, think Film Noir, or James Cagney. This is the perfect answer to my style of mob viewing. And I love the cast. PERFECTION. I'm so excited about this show, and fully expect everyone to love it like I do and if you don't, I don't want to hear it! Kidding- kind of...
TRUE BLOOD: HBO (sunday)
My SECOND FAVORITE!! THIS one, I know I've expressed my love and devotion for-- though, they better fix sh*t after this at-best-mediocre 3rd season that just ended. I love this because this is the type of Vampire I like. I'm a picky vampire fan- but a very devoted, and very old one. I've loved vampire stories since I can remember, long before Twilight and all that junk. I think it started with Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt in Interview. Anyway, I like my vampires sexy (which HBO can certainly deliver) but with an edge. After inhaling the Sookie Stackhouse novels, I have tried to pick Twilight back up and quite literally wanted to barf after a few chapters. No spank you, I need a REAL vamp. No fangs? No thanks.
And now folks, we come to my true TV passion. The show that makes my little heart go pitter-patter. The show that I DVR every episode of, despite having copies on my computer and on DVD. The show I quote. The show whose theme is my ringtone. MY show. MY FAVORITE.
DOCTOR WHO: BBC America (saturday)
Oh I know what you're thinking- WTF? If I explain the premise, you'll think I'm daft. It's about an alien (above) called the Doctor, who travels around in a Spaceship/Time Machine with a couple (right now) of human companions and fights aliens in all times and places. And he's funny along the way. I know. But I LOVE THIS SHOW. I got my husband hooked. I'm passionate about my Doctor. When a new season is running on TV, we don't go out on Saturday nights. We stay in to watch Doctor Who. And Doctor Who is a BIG thing in Britain. It's like... bigger than Gre/ay's Anatomy is here (I don't know which spelling they use)... it's been running for decades- My Doctor -- Matt Smith (above) is the 11th incarnation of the Doctor. Cause he can regenerate... it's brilliant. These two fellas:
Have played the 10th and 9th incarnations, respectively. I know what you're thinking now... you've SEEN their faces. Why yes, yes you have. I guarantee you've seen at least one of these men in something. David, number 10 on the left, played Barty Crouch Jr. in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Christopher, number 9 on the right, was the bad guy in Gone in 60 Seconds, and played Destro/McCullen in the recent G.I. Joe movie, as well as the Major in the British zombie flick, 28 Days Later... See? You've seen them. You might not have noticed them, but you've certainly seen them.
I came across Doctor Who while I was still a single gal, I was living in a townhouse with some fabulous girls (hi girls!!) and one night, I was flipping channels while writing a paper. I came across the BBC/Masterpiece version of Casanova, which starred David Tennant (10). I stopped because I recognized Barty Crouch Jr. I then kept flipping and found Doctor Who with the 10th Doctor on SciFi, and was HOOKED. They were running a bit of an out-of-order marathon, following a new 10th Doctor episode with old 9th Doctor ones. Hooked. I have been watching longer than most people I know who watch the show, and I'm utterly and completely devoted.
Um. So much so... that we might or might not be getting our Halloween costumes from the show.
yep.
LOVE.
(And in case you're wondering: Matt Smith #11 is my favorite. David Tennant #10 is Zach's.)
So that's what's on OUR TV. There are other shows we'll watch, but it's not like we have to catch an episode. If we miss it *shrug*... but honestly, we don't watch major network TV. I know, we're weird. But we're happy!








2 kind words:
you make me smile :-)
LOVE Castle! Have been watching since the beginning and I'm SO thrilled it's back on :)
Post a Comment