September 21, 2010

scarf swap| ehk & skc

THIS year, I am happy to say, I was not too distracted by a newborn to participate in my sweet friend Meredith's scarf swap.

I am even happier to say that my partner is the wonderful, sweet, adorable, amazingly fantastic Betsy of Miss Monogram. I cannot tell you how much I adore this girl!

That being said, I headed out shopping one day with my mom and Mr. Man before my last hair appointment, and stumbled across such a gem I had to buy it for Betsy.


This beautiful, AMAZINGLY soft, sweet purple scarf came from Anthropologie. I went in to the store not knowing what I was looking for, but well aware that I had a store credit burning a hole in my wallet. Liam had already picked out a new Jellycat stuffed animal that he is over-the-moon in love with, when I spotted this scarf. They had it in two colors: the purple and the "green." I fell in love with the style and the fabric, but thought the green was heinous and I don't wear purple. At all, and then *ding!* I thought of Betsy and that was that.
(Though, I am considering ordering it in "neutral" because I love it so much, and that color is quite acceptable to me. Would it be weird to match, Betsy?)



I even had fun wrapping it pretty and hoping it would make it through the plane ride in my luggage.



We were lucky enough to be able to swap in person (but that's another post, for another time)! Betsy brought me this beauty:


I adore it! It's like Betsy walked into my closet and picked out the two most prominent colors and went with that. I mean, she could not have done a better job for me if she tried!!

And she's a doll, did I mention that?

4 kind words:

McClure Family said...

cute!! glad you got to meet in person! i had fun swappin'!

Stephanie Marie said...

Love the scarves! I think my scarf weather may finally arrive this weekend.... **fingers crossed**

the tichenor family said...

cute, cute! love what you sent to betsy-- and love that blue/green scarf although it has inspired me to ban target from the swap next year... ha!

Mariko said...

scarf swap is a wonderful idea! love the scarves!!