August 28, 2010

our fun filled friday.

Okay, it has taken me H-O-U-R-S to get all these pictures loaded. Blogger was running at a snail's pace and we were averaging 3 an HOUR. So I hope we all appreciate the effort. Not to toot my own horn, but I've already invested a lot of time into this post, without hardly writing a word!!

I have always wanted to do one of those "a day in the life" posts, that outlines what you've done with your time on any given day. Since we had interesting things to do, I figured Friday was *the* choice!

7:15 am.
Liam woke up. But I could see on the monitor he was yawning, and rolling around. I opted to stay in bed and let him go back to sleep because I knew it was too early for him to be up (usually he gets up about 9:00). He went back to sleep 30 minutes later. I got up and got ready 15 minutes after that. At 8:45 it was just time to get up.


9:15 am.
Liam putzed around for a little bit and then I went and dressed him. He gets really excited when you put his shoes on, so I always try to put on a pair that he likes. I snapped a pic of him right after a fresh change, and dressing, and it cracked me up. No, I don't often let him stand on the bathroom counter, but he was so proud of himself!!


9:30 am.
We're out the door- pretty good time for us- and headed into Sugar Land, which takes about 30 minutes, if the traffic is good. We headed straight to the credit union in First Colony, and then went over to Target for diapers (mainly).

I was searching for this:
Possibly the smuttiest cover I've seen in a long time, but gosh darn it, I'm firmly Team Eric, so I can appreciate it!

10:45 am.
We were due to meet our friends Meredith, Carson and Slade, and Jacci and Scarlett at Japaneiro's at 11, so we headed over a few minutes early and walked around the Town Center area for a few minutes. We went into Kiss Kiss, which I've never been in before and picked up quite a steal (look for that in a later post). We had a fantastic time at lunch-- I adore all five of these people so much! Liam loves to watch Carson and Scarlett, and as I told Mer, I relish in the during-the-day adult talk. I snapped the most adorable pics of Carson and Scarlett that I would have loved to have shared, but with blogger uploading the way it has been...


NOON
We headed over to First Colony Mall for some errand running. I actually got in, and out, of the mall only visiting the stores I planned. After the summer craziness at FCM, it was pretty desolate. Kinda creepy. We headed over to Yankee Candle to pick up these:

And then headed to Gap to see what we could find to use our Give & Get coupon on. I picked up these for Liam:
... because I'm still 10 years old and I love Scooby Doo. So I had to have both of these for him.

1:00 pm.
We headed h-o-m-e, hoping we could catch Daddy there in his last few minutes of his lunch break! Liam was really tired so I was already planning on an early nap time.


1:45 pm.
Zach had to go back to work, so we decided to go into mommy's room and try on our new clothes and play for a little while-- until nap time.


When it became apparent that we had exhausted all the fun things in the master bedroom, we headed out into the living room to play with the new toy he picked out at Target that morning:

And then we watched some Yogi Bear on Boomerang, in hopes that it would calm him down enough for a nap.


2:35 pm.
Nap time! Or so I thought.

Despite the fact that he wasn't going to sleep, I decided it was time to hop onto the phone with Disney's Dining Help and make some restaurant reservations. I'm pumped about Coral Reef!

And I might, or might not, have gotten into my roasted pecans while I was on the phone. Just saying.



3:45 pm.
Oh he's finally asleep! But in the most awkward position, so I crept in to readjust him so he wouldn't be sore when he woke up... after snapping a pic, of course.


4:06 pm.
Hear a ruckus from the living room: Lily had decided to chew on the tie on my favorite pants, her tooth had gotten stuck and she was tearing around the house, dragging my pants. And it was funny. I wish I had been quick enough with the camera.

4:30 pm.
SHORT nap. Liam's awake. And cranky. So we decided to get in the car and drive down to the mailbox, to see if Daddy's HBO shirts had come in the mail yet. No shirts for Zach, but a shirt for Liam. He tried it on:

And then didn't want to take it off, so he sat in his chair, drank a bottle of orange milk and watched Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Seriously, I know it sounds gross, but it's really yummy stuff! Liam loves it.


5:10 pm.
Zach calls and tells us he's going into emergency surgery and doesn't know when he'll be home. We call Steph and make arrangements to meet at Lopez Saturday instead of Friday at La Finca. Oh, darn. :)

6:50 pm.
Liam and I make the healthiest dinner imaginable. I ate shrimp and mac, he ate fruit and mac.

And then polished off half of a raspberry Sprinkles cupcake. Very cutely.



8:30 pm.
Zach gets home. Liam begs for french fries.


8:50 pm.
Bath time. He's cranky, he turns on the shower head. It cuts bath time short.

9:45 pm.
Bed time, he's ready, since he didn't nap. Poor angel baby, falls asleep within minutes.

10:00 pm.
It's shower time for mommy!
What a long, enjoyable, interesting, unpredictable day!!

5 kind words:

The Sturgeon Family said...

I HAVE to get those candles... I am obsessed with everything Halloween... what do they smell like? I love the 'ruh roh' shirt from Gap, I so wish they made it small enough for Owen to wear this winter. When Jer and I talk in our 'Lola' voice, we use the Scooby Doo voice. Cool, I know.

Stephanie Marie said...

I try to avoid the Yankee Candle store at all costs... I want them all!! Loved the pictures of your fun day!

Mrs. Shuler said...

Liam makes the cutest faces!! I love the happy shoes and French fry pictures! :) sounds like you guys had a great day!

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing stef! lovely to see the activities you fill your day with - can't wait to hear about your disney trip :)
Lauren

Chasity @ Haute Mommy Blog said...

Seriously weird questions...but what pens do you use for your Mom Agenda? The pens I use tend to bleed through to the next page.

Also, what do the Halloween candles smell like? I may need to go hunt some down!