June 30, 2010

photographing the mundane

I have been in SUCH a funk lately, and my complete lack of *stuff* to blog about is probably part of it. Or a result of it. You decide.

My poor little mister has been teething lately. Why yes, he's just now cutting teeth. He's going to be tall, according to Dr. Shaya! We've been doing pretty much whatever he wants to keep him happy- within reason, of course. He likes to go outside a lot and play in the grass.

I got him all dressed Saturday and couldn't believe how OLD he looked! I told him it is NOT okay with his mommy that he looks 11 months going on 11 years.

{LOVE these precious Pedipeds}

{happy family before we left him with his grandma to go to the alamo drafthouse with my in-laws}

Liam has developed his mommy's taste in films lately. We have watched The Fifth Element non-stop since he was born, and lately he's started coming at a full on sprint when he hears Plavalaguna singing. He just cracks me up. I love that he likes this, at least, because sometimes I need something on TV that he'll watch, but I just can't watch cartoons *again.* You know?

During Liam's nap on Sunday, I spent my time cutting crabs out of red scrapbooking paper. It's not an easy task... especially when I'm using a cookie cutter as the template, and obviously I cannot use the cutter side as the stencil... makes for a painful hand by the end of the session.

We went to Sprinkles yesterday. Yes, we did. I went to pick up my order & Meredith's... AND I may or may not have eaten my orange cupcake on my way to meet Mer and her boys. Just saying...


{flowers my hubby picked out for me!}

We do our grocery shopping on Tuesdays- Zach's day off. We do it together, as a family, because while Zach does a lot of the cooking, it helps for both of us to do the shopping so we can come up with ideas together at the store. Doesn't sound like it works, but it REALLY does. Well, we went down the soda and chip aisle and saw this:

and bought 4 boxes (because there was a coupon!)... but I am IN love with the retro can designs!

And then we went to the wine section because Zach needed to get white wine for his Chicken Piccata he makes and we found a wine that I ACTUALLY LIKE AND WANT TO DRINK. It's a Moscato- which is just about all I like. And it's Australian. And... screw-top. And more than that, it's cheap! Hello! Love it!! Oh, like my beautiful German crystal Stefanie glasses?

Zach had a geeky excited moment down HEB's "international foods" aisle. He found large (cheap) bags of spices that he uses in spades, which was awesome because we made the mistake of going to Whole Foods to buy them the first time round and they came in tiny packages and cost ridiculous amounts of money. So we were pleased to find these:


Okay, stop reading if you get grossed out.



No, seriously!





Okay, I have a feeling like this is part of the reason that I have been in a funk... my poor toe is so swollen, and infected and irritated and PAINFUL that I can't hardly stand to do much walking. I mean, seriously OW... and it's like double the size of my other toe! And it seems that either I have become incredibly klutzy, or everybody is out to get me because my toes keep getting stepped on, and every one of Liam's toys has landed on my foot... don't click on the photo, though. Trust me.
Okay, done griping now.

















Alrighty, that's all for now. A little peek into our past week. A look at the mundane :)

6 kind words:

the tichenor family said...

1. I love those Pedipeds. Never seen them before, they didn't have them when Carson was still in the Original's. Might have to get some for Slade when the time comes!
2. BEAUTIFUL flowers from your hubs. So sweet.
3. Sorry about your toe- no fun! Maybe we can figure out a pedicure together sometime soon.
4. So excited to see all you have planned for Liam's birthday-- I have no doubt it will be fabulous!

xoxo

kate said...

I know Dr Shaya! What a small world, my mom used to work for her years ago, she is a doll.

Sam is 11 months old too...still not one tooth, Liam needs to have a talk with her ;) lol

AM said...

I love your mundaneness. and my toe is like that too! except it looks grosser cause it's a little green......alge from the lake. soak it in warm salt water and it'll feel better!! love you!!!!

Jenn said...

You are too sweet to get Mer cupcakes 2 weeks in a row!

Umm ouch toe! Maybe put ice on it..

I don't drink Dr. Pepper that often but think I may have to go purchase a 12 pack this weekend for the fun can, I do occasionally crave DP

Ivy said...

oh no :( poor toe! im sorry! feet problems are the worse bc FEET ARE HOW WE GET AROUND! bummer! hope you get better soon!

MOSCATOS are my all time favorite wine. LOVE.

the retro dr peppers are so awesome! how cool!

i still havent gotten a chance to go to sprinkles :( my client schedule keeps me pretty busy and i havent been done before 7 since sprinkles opened! bah! im dying to know if they are as amazing as everyone says they are!

liam is just the cutest. :)

AM said...

oh and I <3 your choices of drink. I think there's a reason we're such good friends :-D