Happy Easter, sweet friends and family!
It's been a busy weekend around the Clark household. Busy, but fun and full of family and friends.
Friday night (in my mind, the official start of the weekend!) we went to dinner with my in-laws and their best friends, the Talberts. I love the Talberts- they're just about some of my favorite people on the planet. Mrs. Talbert threw me one of my bridal showers and Mr. Talbert is one of Liam's favorite people. We finished the evening at Ooh La La and the liquor store, never a bad thing.
Saturday, we didn't wake up in the morning with plans, but the day started out so beautifully, I knew I'd go crazy if we stayed in the house. So I called my in-laws because Roger had offered to help us restring our weed eater, and we wanted his opinion replacing the little palm by our front door that died this past winter...
One store, one nursery, and many, many plants later, we gave our entire front yard a make over!
Here's before:
And AFTER:
Zach wanted a bottlebrush out front, and he really wasn't a fan of our ligustrum, so we dug it up and moved it to the back yard. I have grand plans for the space back there, and so we planted that, and the tree I picked out, a double weeping cherry tree, in the back of the yard. I love looking out the kitchen window and seeing PLANTS! We picked a gorgeous Japanese red maple tree in place of the offensive palm and are so thrilled with it- Roger made the perfect recommendation!
I got my first sunburn of the year on my shoulders while we were out working in the yard, but that's okay because I don't hold a burn very long. I was a little worried about shocking red shoulders in my dress this morning; I don't tan- I don't spray tan, I don't bed tan and I DON'T lay in the back yard. My coloring doesn't lend itself to spray tans, and I don't want to look like saddle leather by the time I'm 30. Plus, I like my fair skin, and get so, SO many compliments on my skin tone- why WOULD I want to tan on purpose?
We headed to church this morning- we all looked VERY nice, but my camera was being a poop and the only pictures I was able to get of the three of us are incredibly blurry. Thanks, thanks for that. Liam doesn't go to the nursery during church because he's not disruptive at all. He's a doll, he's happy to sit there, hardly makes a peep and entertains Heather, the associate pastor. He got a little bit bored during Karen's sermon today (but it went a little longer than usual, can you blame him?) and was just about to decide to start entertaining himself loudly when she finished up. Such a good boy. After church, we headed to the Cracker Barrel for breakfast- where all the pent up energy from church was released. He was de-man-ding at breakfast! But he ate almost a whole biscuit with blackberry jam, drank his water, got into my maple syrup...
But he got tired on the drive home, and this is what we found when we went to get him out of the car when we got back:
After we farted around for a little bit, got out of our church clothes and decided, since the weather had cleared up (seriously, ugly nastiness during the morning!) that we'd slather the baby with sunscreen and let him play in his baby pool for a little while. Steph and I went ahead and got him this blue plastic one yesterday because it's sturdier than the inflatable ones, and since Liam's pulling up on everything, we didn't want him trying to pull himself up on the slippery plastic inflatable, only to end up face planting in the water, or worse, the grass. He LOVED sitting in his pool, he had so much more fun than he did last summer- I can't wait to take him over to Uncle Ross' pool to REALLY swim when the weather warms up a little more.
All in all, a very happy, fun, sweet weekend! I hope you all had as wonderful a weekend as we did.
4 kind words:
awww yay! I's so glad ya'll had such a good weekend!! Love ya!
Love, love, love the yard! You guys did a great job. You know I am such a sucker for flowers. :)
Your yard looks wonderful! And as always, Liam is a doll.
I have a little surprise on my blog for you- just for being such a sweet person and awesome blogger. :)
your "and I don't want to look like saddle leather by the time I'm 30" seriously made me laugh! Too funny, but such a good point! Oh and love the yard :o)
Post a Comment