March 31, 2010

don't be crabby

When I started looking for decor for Liam's first birthday party, I didn't really expect most of my needs to be met by Pottery Barn, but met they were.

This isn't Pottery Barn, but they're darn cute and we've got a couple (complete with red Tutti Fruity scented tea lights) for a decor display I'm planning.


Now, I know what you're thinking- Pottery Barn, for a first birthday, really?
Yes, really.
Why? Because I trust their quality and there are a large number of things that I'm looking at that I KNOW we'll use more than once. I don't want to spend a lot of money to have a bunch of single use items.

I'm in love with this platter- I think they'd be awesome with crab cakes and crab stuffed deviled eggs on them. And they'll be something my hubby likes because he's always looking for platter type things to use when grilling, and these would be a great replacement for his huge-mongous cookie sheets he's using now (that don't fit in the dishwasher).

LOVE this. Don't know that it'll get constant use, but it is precious- too bad the napkins are really illogically expensive for a birthday party. I COULD use them to line a bread basket, with the little crab embroidered corners hanging over the edge...

Seriously adorable, these little boat dishes would be a-dor-able filled with dips or nuts or candies (or even sand with cute crab shaped lollypops sticking out... just sayin').

Love these lanterns- they'd be great out around our patio, or even decorating the entryway to the house.

These are PERFECT for the party's color scheme and I think they're precious. They'd be uber versatile too- criss crossed in the passthrough to the kitchen- around the edge of the food table, outside on the patio...

I love the idea of a handful of these scattered around- sitting with the cakes, with the food on the table, outside on the garden tables...

Is there any point to explaining why I need this?

Okay, so I probably won't buy this because of the price tag, but I adore it. I can see me using this over and over and over and over and over again. And it's adorable. Seriously. IF it goes on sale... I just don't know where I'd store it. But love it.


I am loving getting things found for Liam's birthday party. We started talking about it last night, mulling over the potential guest list and discussing the *cake* situation (The short version: I'm planning on making the smash cake. Do I order the other cake? Do I make the other cake? Do I make cupcakes instead?). It's hard to believe that we're closing in on his 1st birthday- but we are. It's still months out, I'm aware, but it never hurts to be prepared!

IVY and HALEY: here's the link to my wire card display.

4 kind words:

The Sturgeon Family said...

I am in LOVE with your party theme!!! Perfect for a summer b-day party.

Ivy said...

UM liams first birhtday party is going to be ROCKIN. how Cahhh-uutttteee! so perfect!

thaks for the link! im gonna get one!

AM said...

you're so precious! I'm so coming to the party! :-D

Stephanie said...

Such a fun theme!! You should go to Swoozie's... they are having a huge going out of business sale. I didn't see any lobster party things, but lots of other party accessories are on sale!

ps-sorry for the lack of commenting, I have been out of the blog loop for a few weeks!