I have been meaning to tell you all about Liam's christening, but we had a little hiccup the other day, so I'm only just now getting a second to sit down and do anything for myself...
So I schlepped around in these all morning:

... and I'm sporting a pretty blister on top of one of my little toes as a result. I have been trying to "break them in" but they're not leather- they're plastic. There's a lot less give. Every time you put them on, at first, they're stiff and hurt- you have to let your body heat warm the plastic for a little bit, then they're more comfy. I don't care if I do get a blister- I've been debating returning them, but the color is just too luscious to give back. What's that old saying? Beauty is pain. Beauty... fashion... whatever.
These beauties are on my bar right now.
I'm calling them my "thanks-for-doing-the-taxes" present. Zach and Cory picked them up for me on a run to the Heeb- they're my absolute favorite flower. I love hydrangeas so, so much. I want to try growing them in the back yard. Hm...
Does this little face look less than thrilled?
That's because this little boy is sick. S-I-C-K.
He woke up yesterday with no signs, but developed a fever before 11 in the morning, it was raging at a little over 102 by the afternoon. We went to the doctor this morning, and he was doing a lot better, but he still went downhill pretty fast this afternoon. He's sleeping now, thank heavens, but this is the first time he's slept in his bed all day- but not the first sleep he's had. He insists on me holding him while he sleeps. My poor little boy. He's hardly eaten anything solid today- he's had plenty of formula, but he threw up this afternoon, he has had two really, really nasty diapers today... I'm hoping he feels better tomorrow. I feel so sorry for him.
Early Sunday morning, Liam's Godfather arrived from San Antonio for church. We headed up to the 11 o'clock service to get Liam baptized, with quite the party. In all, Zach, Liam and I were joined by Cory (aforementioned Godfather), my parents, my brother, Zach's parents, Zach's Grandmother Kennedy and Zach's Uncle Hal. It was great to have so many people there to love and support our sweet little boy.

He was such a champion. I mean seriously- the child didn't cry AT ALL. He jumped on my legs, he played with his Sophie, he kicked, he squirmed a little, but he was perfection if I can brag.
He was so precious during the actual baptism, he was more curious about what was going on than anything else, and once he turned around and realized that hundreds of eyes were on him, he was in a pretty dad-gum good mood about the whole thing. Everyone loved it when Dr. Karen held him up to the congregation because his shirt came untucked and hiked up under his arms so his bitty baby Buddha belly was hanging out for all to see. SO (EFFING) CUTE!!

After church we all headed over to La Finca on Westheimer Pkwy. for lunch. We l-o-v-e this restaurant, and I'm always up for it. They're fantastic there, the staff is so friendly and the food is yum-yum yummy.

Liam got this monkey as a baptism present- it sings and acts out "if you're happy and you know it..." and he's not sure if he's scared of it, or intrigued by it. He started whimpering a few times when we were playing with it, but I think it'll end up being a hit eventually. It made for a funny picture, at least.


All in all, a wonderful day with the little guy. I'm such a proud mommy.
{and a proud daughter- look at my daddy!! He's in the background in gray- how young does he look???}
Thanks for the use of your photos, Mommy of mine- I wish I hadn't been a dumb-butt and forgotten my camera.
(which doesn't work that well anymore, anyway...)
{and a proud daughter- look at my daddy!! He's in the background in gray- how young does he look???}
Thanks for the use of your photos, Mommy of mine- I wish I hadn't been a dumb-butt and forgotten my camera.
(which doesn't work that well anymore, anyway...)
Aside: I'm buying these. NO doubt. Look at the name- do you know how often I find something with MY name??
3 kind words:
loving the jellies. never, under any circumstances should you return tory burch. beauty is pain, and it is oh so worth it when your feet look that cute.
loving the hydrangeas. they tie for faves between peonies in my book. so pretty!
loving your sweet baptized angel. is that the shirt we bought together? great choice! he's such a beautiful blessing. what a special day for the clark fam.
cupcake date next week?
I hope Liam is all better! I'm glad his baptism went so well -the little angel!
btw you're awesome :-)
Post a Comment