Today was a fantastic day. My mother-in-law came over early, she and Zach went to the grocery store for today's meals, my mom came over, then my father-in-law came over and we all spent the whole day together. Zach grilled steak and salmon for dinner and then we tried double frying french fries- we'll try again. They were really good, though. Zach's getting to be a fantastic cook. It was just simply an enjoyable day. I didn't even *really* watch much of the game. I did love the pooch kick pile up after half time and of course Drew Brees with his sweet baby boy. Too cute.
Before I jump into anything else:
{learning to brush our teeth. our doctor says it's easier to get into the habit than to later teach the skill. and i'm obsessed with dental hygiene.}
{zach makes fantastic grill marks.}
{liam likes to sit in his high chair while we eat dinner.}
{liam is learning to use a sippy cup. we're making tremendous progress.}
{fell asleep in his walker while i was getting ready friday morning. so cute.}
{we get into everything. i guess it's a small, small taste of what it's going to be like when he's mobile. ugh.}
If everything works out, it looks like one of my things I wanted to do will come to fruition. I'm hoping to get to throw a lingerie shower for Bo's fiance Valerie. My wonderful cousin Jennifer is throwing the couple's shower for them when they're home in March for a weekend, and Val thought a lingerie shower would be fun too, so I offered to throw it for her. Steph and Aunt Darlene said they'd help out too. If it's okay with Val, I am hoping to do it the Sunday before the wedding (6 days in advance)- so that she has time to make returns and wash gifts and get them packed and everything. I've already started thinking about what I want to do... the couple's shower will turn into an excuse to give Bo gifts, which is cool, because usually the groom doesn't get a lot of love, but the lingerie shower is pure girly fun. Okay, and honestly, aren't the gifts for Bo too? Yeah. I'm thinking a pretty pale pink and lime green color scheme... serving pink panty pulldowns (so cute, and so fits the lingerie theme!) and maybe appletinis? THen I see a pretty floral arrangement on the coffee table... and one out in the kitchen... maybe something special from Ashley Brooke (who will be getting something special from yours truly in the mail sometime... shipping takes forever!!!!)...
I told Zach, we'll shower Valerie, and you and Justin can take Bo out for a beer.
I know there have been a significant lack of pictures of the house since we moved in... that's because we're not all moved in and I've certainly not finished decorating all the rooms. However, Liam's room is literally only waiting on a curtain to arrive and be hung, so we're getting close to having a room worthy of photographing. In the meantime, I thought I'd share pictures of all the artwork Liam has in his bedroom. Liam has *no* store-bought art in his bedroom, thanks in large part to his super talented Grandpa Roger and in small part to his mommy. Take a look:
{from green eggs and ham. it's my favorite dr. seuss story. isn't it sweet?}
{one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish.}
{mommy's liam painting.}
{liam loves, loves snow white. i found these scrapbooking stickers tucked away in my box of crafts when i unpacked. i had bought scrapbooking paper and frames and stickers to make stuff for our photos from our two disney trips but never got around to it. so i gave them to him. he loves them.}
QUICKLY: Are any of you ladies members on Gilt and RueLaLa? If not, would you like to be? RueLaLa and Gilt are my go-to places for designer anything. I have gotten great- GREAT- deals on both sites. Gilt especially has some fantastic boutiques opening in the next couple of days- if you are interested and would like an invitation to join these websites, please leave me a comment, or message me on Facebook with your email address and I'll send you the information. It doesn't cost anything to join and it's really fun to browse- you never know what you'll find. Just let me know- I can either send you my personal link or email you directly from their site. Your choice!
I'm very tired, but am sitting up late watching Forgetting Sarah Marshall... such a great film. Now... Couples Retreat comes out on DVD on Tuesday and I'm really interested, but don't know anybody who saw it... did any of you? Is it good??
Also- Liam is going to go to his second movie very soon as Disney's Beauty and the Beast is being rereleased in theaters on Friday in 3D and we're going to take him. It's, in my opinion, the absolute best of all the Disney films and I so want to see it in the theaters again. Liam listens to the soundtrack when he's going down for his nap so I think he'd enjoy the film. I'm hoping, anyway.
That really is all for tonight. I have got to go get in bed. I don't know if an electrician is coming out tomorrow or not and I don't want to be in bed or in my pajamas when he arrives. *yawn* So tired of that! Anyway- have a happy Monday all my sweet friends, and others!
QUICKLY: Are any of you ladies members on Gilt and RueLaLa? If not, would you like to be? RueLaLa and Gilt are my go-to places for designer anything. I have gotten great- GREAT- deals on both sites. Gilt especially has some fantastic boutiques opening in the next couple of days- if you are interested and would like an invitation to join these websites, please leave me a comment, or message me on Facebook with your email address and I'll send you the information. It doesn't cost anything to join and it's really fun to browse- you never know what you'll find. Just let me know- I can either send you my personal link or email you directly from their site. Your choice!
I'm very tired, but am sitting up late watching Forgetting Sarah Marshall... such a great film. Now... Couples Retreat comes out on DVD on Tuesday and I'm really interested, but don't know anybody who saw it... did any of you? Is it good??
Also- Liam is going to go to his second movie very soon as Disney's Beauty and the Beast is being rereleased in theaters on Friday in 3D and we're going to take him. It's, in my opinion, the absolute best of all the Disney films and I so want to see it in the theaters again. Liam listens to the soundtrack when he's going down for his nap so I think he'd enjoy the film. I'm hoping, anyway.
That really is all for tonight. I have got to go get in bed. I don't know if an electrician is coming out tomorrow or not and I don't want to be in bed or in my pajamas when he arrives. *yawn* So tired of that! Anyway- have a happy Monday all my sweet friends, and others!
2 kind words:
That artwork is incredible. Your father-in-law is truly talented!
We had fun with you guys on Friday... thanks so much for our Sophie! Hope Slade loves her as much as Liam does!
Have a wonderful week, it's supposed to be cold and yucky... xoxo Hope to see you Friday!
psssssst I love you! and I'm a terrible stalker. that has nothing to do with you, but I need to tell someone. so now you know!
Post a Comment