January 31, 2010

sunday somethings

Hello friends, family, followers, strangers and blog stalkers.
{there's a difference between strangers and blog stalkers...*ahem* I don't like some of my blog stalkers *ahem*}
I wanted to blog, but I have so many things flitting about in my brain, I think the only way to get everything across is via bullet list (a la Meredith)...

- I watched the Grammy Awards tonight for the first time in a loooooong time. Lady GaGa is off her rocker, but I loved the bit she did with Sir Elton John. It was the perfect melding of sequins, sunglasses, and over-the-top. I do love Katy Perry and Russell Brand, though, so I loved how often they were shown.

- Liam is a picky eater. My picky eating has come back to haunt me. My son will NOT eat Gerber baby food. For the longest time we could not get him to eat anything other than rice and oatmeal. Now, I have discovered he will eat organic bananas that I steam and blend... thank God my Mom got us a baby food maker.

-I sacrificed the most *beautiful* pair of nude patent peep-toe Prada pumps in order to get a new stroller for Liam. Ah, being a mommy changes you.

- My parent's house is on the market (1103 Ellcreek Court). It's a beautiful home, but didn't suit my parent's needs anymore. My Mom is being super-woman and going through the whole process of selling a house (and buying a new one) all on her own.

- I know I mentioned that I recently painted our office, and then I put together a pair of book cases by myself, and installed them in the room by myself (it was my first time using a drill- I'm not "handy"). That wasn't the hard part- the hard part was trying to figure out how to organize the books on the shelves- I finally decided on "by color." I'm trying to decide if I want to cover them all in butcher's paper and write on the spines, varying the heights and what not... What do you think?

- My poor husband sat up all night last night with Jethro- he started having stomach pains around 1 in the morning and we were devilishly afraid that he was bloating. Bloat is a very, very, very scary and serious thing that happens sometimes when the stomach flips over in the cavity of a deep chested dog. It can cause death in as little a span of time as an hour, if I'm not mistaken. He is fine, though. Thank God.

- I want to know how I managed to *not* know that one of my very favorite musicians, Rob Zombie, had a new album coming out on Tuesday. I found out this evening- I'm very excited. However, I will have to enjoy it now- because the chorus of the first single is f-bomb after f-bomb. Not something I need little ears hearing.

- Zach gave me a Kindle for Christmas and it's the best thing ever. I downloaded the complete works of Jane Austen- I've finished Pride and Prejudice and am working my way through Sense and Sensibility. It's easy to read in the evenings. But my first read sans paper was the late Michael Crichton's Pirate Latitudes. Very fun- try it.

- My father-in-law is currently going through radiation treatment for his cancer. Please keep him in your thoughts.

- I am in need of girl talk. I need to talk to somebody who either doesn't know, or doesn't like, the person who's been a huge antagonist in my life for the past few years.

- I want to start painting again. I want to start using pastels again. I have a female nude pastel that I did that I want to get framed and hang in our bathroom.

- I have an empty frame waiting for the wonderful work of Miss Ashley Brooke. I'm so excited to get my print!

- We're obsessed with BBC America. We watch BBC almost all day long- it's a bad day in the Clark house if the BBC is showing something bad all evening. We'll even watch repeats of Top Gear, Graham Norton, Doctor Who, The F Word and Kitchen Nightmares before we'll change to most of the other cable channels.

- I want to throw a girl party. I'm hoping I get to throw a shower for Valerie.

- I am drinking hot chocolate from a home-made hot chocolate mix. I love this mix recipe so much that I can't even stand hot chocolate made from mixing chocolate shavings into hot milk.

- Bits had a bad few days last week where he was waking up in the middle of the night every night for about 6 days straight. We added another cereal meal to his daily regimen and he's sleeping through the night again. *knock on wood*

- I have been entering every day to win the HGTV Dream Home- I'm following the example set by Cory! I'm in looooove with the kitchen, the boy's room and the views. *sigh*

- I found FOUNTAIN PENS at Target the other day! I love fountain pens! I bought 2 to use in my momAgenda. They're great- they make even so-so handwriting look pretty.

- The celebrity dopplegangers thing on Facebook is kind of creepin' me out. I think some people think they're a lot better looking than they really are...


I think that's all for now. Enjoy a few pictures of bits and pieces. He's been a doll lately.

{mommy and bits}

{posin'}

{lil frankie. my ole blue eyes.}

4 kind words:

the tichenor family said...

Your post is awesome! Real quick before I forget... your Ashley Brooke treasures are ADORABLE! I was computer-less in California when you posted, but they are so adorable. Perfect for your sweet fam!

I couldn't agree more about the Celeb Doppleganger thing on Facebook. It makes me LAUGH when I see someone else post a picture of who they think they look like. Makes me think of the initial American Idol hopefuls... "SOMEBODY HAS LIED TO YOU!!"

I'd love to get together this week!

Oh, what stroller did you get? I saw that the Quinny was on sale at Baby Gap.com of all places?!

xoxo

Ivy said...

bits is adoreable and so are you :)

AM said...

I blame lil bits for you not knowing about rob zombie

And I probably don't know/dislike your anatagonist! email/call me anytime :-). Love you!!!

Mom said...

Love your book arrangement. You haven't showed it to me the thousand and one times I've been there. Okay, my Doppleganger is someone who a guy I worked with years ago (BC - before children) told me I looked like. I know I don't look or never did look like her. Can't now, she is dead. But she was very pretty so I'm just havin' some fun. Sent Leslie pics of Heather Locklear because once I french braided her hair and I swear she looked like Heather.

I can't believe how big Liam looks in some pictures. He is precious beyond belief, and I'm NOT just saying that because I'm his grandma. He is just too cute.