First things first... I am *almost* a week late in posting this, but I finally got my camera upstairs (pathetic) and into my closet...

Meredith's weekly blog "game" is so cute and so much fun, and this past Monday she selected Denim and Animal Print. Here's what I can contribute!
"Animal Print" first... I don't own anything that's animal print. No leopard, no giraffe... no spots of any kind. I was kind of surprised... not even a shoe or a purse! The closest I could come was a leopard print sole on my Betsey Johnson pumps or the faux snake skin trim on my diaper bag. So here's my version of "animal print."
This dress, from Anthropologie last summer, is embroidered around the hem with thistles and butterflies and birds. I love it, I've only worn it once, but I think it's just so whimsical and I adore the color palate. Here's a few close ups of the embroidery...
Next up is denim, and I love denim! I adore jeans, and after going through pregnancy and resigning myself to maternity jeans (ew) from Motherhood Maternity (because I knew I'd be going through summer and didn't see the point to buying expensive maternity jeans since once March hit I wanted shorts!) I had to replace some of my older denim that didn't quite fit post-baby. I haven't always had hips! Say hello to my two new favorite pairs...
On the left is the Belle Flare with Flap Pockets in Gardenia wash and on the right are the Classic Rise Stella Bootcut in Dark Hand Sand wash. Both are by William Rast. I love, love, love these jeans- let me tell you, JT knows what he's doing. The denim is smooth and feels so nice... and my favorite part about the brand is the fly. Now, I am not trying to draw attention to that *region* but I love, love the shape they've done the stitching in that area. I love them. Now I'm coveting the "savoy" style- I love the upside down seam over the top of the bottom on those- so different!
Next week, I'll actually play along on time, because I've already gotten my pictures taken of my favorite Maternity clothes... It's been hard to play previously because all of my clothes are packed away still- I have access to a very limited section of my wardrobe.
Moving on...
Liam had an exciting day! At 10:20 this morning, his Great-Grandmother Kennedy came to see him. At 10:30, sweet Aunt Ashley came over to meet him for the first time! Then he had an adventure (see below)... we went to dinner (@ Lopez, yum!), where Ivy was also dining so he got to meet her (Hooray!! I love Ivy!) and then when we got home, the DeReese family came over to meet him. What an exciting day for the little man- thanks to everyone for showing my bitty boy some love!
Now...
Let me introduce you to my water baby!!
Liam loves two things- to be outside and to be in the water. If he's crying, you can pretty much bet that if you take him outside, he'll crane his head back, shut up right away and take it all in... or, you can take off his clothes and plunk him down in his bath tub and he'll quiet down in a millisecond. Easy.
So I bought him a baby pool- why not combine his two loves into one enjoyable activity for mom and baby? We went out for the first time today.
{I take up the whole pool, but he likes me in there with him}
{Priceless.}
{'Ol Blue Eyes.}
{So sleepy after his aquatic adventure!}
2 kind words:
Oh stef what gorgeous photos of you and Liam in the paddle pool! It's so fabulous to be able to see him grown through the photos - he is so handsome! congratulations on the house by the way - will it feature a full sized pool???? x
Lauren
Stefanie- I cant get over how precious that little boy is! Good Work!! hah!
Post a Comment