September 1, 2009

liam lately



Liam has been up to so much lately! He's changing faster than we can imagine and he's becoming more and more fun every day.

Lately, Liam has...
... spent way too much time out in our new neighborhood while we sign the billions of papers associated with the home building process. He's a trooper, though, and didn't protest when I attempted to take a picture of him as well as the progress on the lot. Of course, it was difficult with him in his Baby Bjorn strapped to my chest.

Despite the appearance in the above image, Liam has decided that napping is highly overrated and he rarely takes a good, long, honest nap now. Try as I may to put him down for a nap, he wakes up at the slightest thing now and doesn't want to go back to sleep. This new development has made my lunchtime very difficult and has proven to provide me with an extra grumpy infant in the evenings.

However, he did take a massive nap Sunday while we were out at the Houston Premium Outlets- he was in the Baby Bjorn again and slept for 6 hours. Wow. Allowed us and Grandparents Clark to have a nice time.

I seriously love boy's clothes...


My favorite of the outlet purchases- I put the dinosaur hat on him and he wore it around the store. We couldn't resist the combo of the hat and the silly socks. Too precious.

Liam has a massive appetite. So large, in fact, that we've been having to run to the freezer for pumped breast milk on occasion because I literally have nothing to give him. He's growing like a weed! He's putting on his baby fat and it's just so cute, his cheeks are staying full and kissably cute. I can't wait to see what he weights next time!

Liam has outgrown his basket next to the bed. He is currently sleeping in the bed with us because he hates his crib. I'm not sure what it is yet, but he seems to favor either not being all alone in a room (go figure), and he also seems to like the noise in our bedroom at night. I have a stand fan I cannot live without that makes noise all night long, and we've got Zach and Jethro who both have a tendency, Jethro more so, to snore. I'm going to really start working on the transition to crib since he'll be 2 months old on the 13th. I don't really want to, I enjoy having his little body in the bed with me, but I know I need to before he gets too used to sleeping with us. It's just that our bed is so much more comfortable... ha.


Some more things going on in Liam's world:

- Liam is a smiling boy now, he smiles all the time when he's in a good mood.
- Liam loves it outside and we frequently have tummy time on the front lawn.
- Liam is becoming more and more interested in the dogs.
- Liam licked Jethro yesterday and wasn't fond of the taste.
- Liam is now pushing himself up in his bathtub. He plants his feet on the bottom and arches his back so that the only parts of his body touching the tub are his feet and head. Disaster waiting to happen.
- Liam can move when he's on his tummy! He's a creeper.
- Liam can turn himself around in his crib. Sunday night he did a full 360 degrees.
- Liam loves Lily. He loves to move his fingers around in her fur.
- Liam has very strong legs and likes to "jump" while you're holding him.
- Liam is still a bath time champ. The deeper the water, the happier he is.
- Liam is happiest when he is able to crane his neck back. He even sleeps that way.
- Liam played peek-a-boo for the first time with his Grandpa Ed in the Build-a-Bear Workshop at the Galleria. It was funny.
- Liam is happiest with minimal clothing on, and likes to be bundled in a thick blanket.

I think that's about all for now. Liam is awake, starting to get restless so I better go find a way to occupy him!

3 kind words:

AM said...

Holy cow he is such a cute baby!! I can not wait to see him(and you) on Saturday!!

the tichenor family said...

Have you been told about Fenugreek? It's AWESOME for increasing your milk supply. It's a natural supplement you can get at Whole Foods, I swore by it while Carson was exclusively nursing. It makes you smell like maple syrup, but it sure does bring the milk!! xoxo

Oh, and how could I forget? Liam is a doll. Looking forward to our Lopez date next week.

Kristen Kelley said...

He is too precious! You are one lucky momma. =)