August 27, 2009

liam's playroom

I could not be more excited about decorating my new space if I tried. Yes, I realize they haven't even put up walls. Yes, I realize they haven't even poured the slab... and yes, I realize they haven't cleared the lot yet.
I am still excited.

I have two rooms planned out, but my most "complete" is Liam's playroom. Our floor plan has one bedroom adjacent to the master which will be Liam's room (he's little, I don't wanna have to walk that far) and another at the end of the hall, next to the garage and laundry room... this will be Liam's playroom/guest room.

We opted to let Liam have the space for himself because we realized that any potential guests that are going to balk at staying in the playroom (translation: not Cory and Lindsay) will probably be in town visiting either set of our respective parents, in which case they can stay with them, because both sets of our parents have some seriously rockin' guest spaces. So. Liam's playroom...

WALL COLOR.
My inspiration is from Uppercase Living. I love their Caribbean Blue color they've introduced and have chosen it for my wall color. This image is just one way of showing the color in a fun way. Thank you, Uppercase Living!

SOFA/GUEST BED.
Ikea. Why Ikea? Because there will be a toddler in the room playing. A BOY. I don't want to put in anything too nice, so if it gets kind of torn up, I won't be too upset.

MAIN FABRIC.
I ordered 4 yards. I plan on putting at least 2 large floor pillows in the space, and who knows what I'll do with the left overs... there's a potential for curtains, or I thought about covering either a large peg board or magnetic board with the fabric and hanging it on the wall for Liam to display his future art works... we shall see.

ACCENT FABRIC.
I intend on recovering the throw pillows that come with the couch in this fun fabric... since I ordered 2 yards of this, I'm sure I'll have left overs of this as well. 

In addition to what you see there, my hubby has an old armoire from his bedroom suite that we're going to put in the room to store all the board games and the TV and VCR Liam will have. Yes, VCR. Large tapes are easier for little hands and that way he can watch all the classic Disney films that they've decided not to release in the past 10 years. My child cannot grow up without Beauty and the Beast! We'll also accumulate, I'm sure- I'll have to find some sort of storage device for toys, but for now, he's got a pair of closets and as far as I'm concerned, out of sight, out of mind for now.

2 kind words:

AM said...

I love EVERYTHING about that baby's playroom! It is so cute!! I can't wait til your house is all built and everything! see you in a week!!

the tichenor family said...

I love, love, love that fabric, your playroom is going to be adorable!!