August 27, 2009

busy bitty

{Mommy, Bitty and Great Grandma-- excuse the Texas Monthly with that *#@% of a coach on the cover!}

My bitty baby boy has had the busiest week a 6-week old baby has ever had! (I exaggerate, I know, but it's close!)

Since last I actually posted anything to read...
Wednesday last, I can't remember what we did. Pathetic, I know. 
Thursday was a big day! Mommy had to go to her OB (picture below) to have her 6-week check up and get a sibling-preventative, so Liam and my mom went as well, so we could get a picture of us with my doctor. I love her so much, and I wanted to have a photo to put in his baby book I need to get. After the doctor, we headed all the way up to IAH to pick up Grandpa Ed who had just flown in from Doha, Qatar! It took forever for him to get through customs, as the Emirates flight he was on got stuck behind a BA flight from London and a flight from Guatemala. Ouch. We finally headed back to Sugar Land, Grandpa in tow, after 6:30 in the evening. We had a late dinner with Grandparents Small and headed home.
Friday my parents brought my current mode of transport back to me and then we waited for Liam's Godfather to get into town. He arrived shortly before Zach got home from work and we spent the evening enjoying each other's company and watching Forgetting Sarah Marshall- so funny! 
Saturday Zach had to work, and after he got home, we headed out to W.L. to sign some more papers with Dana, and we brought along Liam, Cory and Grandparents Clark because Dana agreed to open up an inventory home that is our floor plan so that everyone could see the space. Then we headed home and the boys played on the video games upstairs until it was time to go to Lopez with both sets of grandparents and Cory. Wow. 
Sunday we got up and hung out until lunch time- we went out again to the Another Time soda fountain in old Richmond, which takes a long time. We sat in the car while Zach and Cory ran into Best Buy afterwards. Cory left around 4:45 pm. Boo! Great-Grandma Darlene from KS/AZ flew in and that evening we headed over to have dinner with Grandma and Grandpa Small and GG (what she's decided she wants to be called). We headed home and stayed up watching Eric, Sookie, Jason and Lafayette on True Blood- because that cannot wait.
Monday Liam and I took GG and Grandparents Small out to W.L. to show them the inventory home. They all loved our house- or the floor plan we have chosen. We drove them all back to casa de Small and headed back to our abode to rest up and have some lunch. That evening we went out to dinner with family Small. Liam had his first melt-down in a restaurant. It would have been okay if not for the large, loud party behind us and the gentleman who bumped into my sleeping baby while moving chairs around at their table. 
Tuesday was daddy's day off and the Small family came over to see Liam's nursery. We hung around in the afternoon- Liam was wiped out and that evening he and I headed over to the Small house to say goodbye to Grandma. We were way too late and Liam went to bed too freakin' late that night. 
Wednesday/Today we sat around all day- all day. Liam has been so exhausted from all our running and going, it was really nice to give him a day where he didn't have to get in his car seat and run all over Sugar Land. It was also nice for him to just get a chance to sack out on my belly and stretch out and take a nap. Napping in your carrier is not very comfy. Ask the baby. 

That's been our week and what a long, tiring week it has been. Today was such a welcomed change! I have had time to get a lot of my own stuff in order for our house. I have Liam's playroom all designed and ready to go- I ordered fabric today from the site that Meredith found, and I have furniture and wall color all planned out. It's going to be cute, and something that doesn't seem overly childish. I also am in the process of getting his new nursery all designed. We opted not to ask Grandpa Roger to paint now, so that we don't feel bad in a few years when Liam is old enough to want to pick out his own bedroom decor- we think it'd be nicer for him to get to pick what he wants his Grandpa to paint. 

That's all for now, it's bed time and I have to get my son to sleep so that he's ready and on a decent schedule for tomorrow- we're heading shopping with Grandpa and Grandma Small and I would like a happy infant!

1 kind words:

Ivy said...

that bitty baby is a WHOLE LOTTA cute.