July 30, 2009

little liam?

This past Monday, Liam turned 2 weeks old! I can't believe how time flies! He's such a little fart, he's really started to focus visually and he gets the biggest grin on his face when he sees me after waking up or being away from me for a little bit- makes a mommy's heart happy! He's such a doll, I'm having way, way too much fun with him.

Yesterday, Zach and I took him to his 2 week check up with Dr. Shaya. We opted not to use a traditional pediatrician mainly because my own family practice doctor sees infants and she's so wonderful, I couldn't think of anyone I'd rather take him to. So Liam, Mommy and Grandma and Grandpa Small all use the same doctor, and Daddy'll be coming her way too, if he needs to. Dr. Shaya said Liam looks wonderful, she said he's obviously very alert, she said he recognizes me easily and she was blown away at his strength- my baby is already lifting up his head at 2 weeks! She said he's definitely a strong young man. He weighed in at 9 lbs, 8 oz... so he's currently at the weight I was when I was born (yes, pity my poor mother!) and he's grown an inch and his head has grown an inch around as well. Dr. Shaya said that puts Liam in the 99th Percentile for height and weight. Make a momma proud! He's such a little stud- he's almost put on a whole pound from his birth weight... but he's got an appetite! He's not chubby, though, thank you- he's perfectly proportioned, not a chub roll on him (much to the lament of some, who believe this makes a baby 100 x cuter!) but he does have the most deliciously kissable little cheeks.

Since Liam finally lost his umbilical cord (ew) a few days ago (Monday?) we decided to try him out in his bath tub this evening. Sadly, I didn't have my camera with me because the battery is kaput... he was a dream- so good! He sat there with the most bewildered look on his face, but didn't cry or fuss once. I think he was just trying to figure it out. The boy loves to be warm and toasty, so when he was plunked down in that warm water, I don't think he really minded too much. He also got his newborn portraits taken yesterday- that was a ton of fun! We used our go-to-gal Niki, who photographed our wedding and also did our engagement and post wedding portraits. We've known her a long time, so it was a lot of fun to have her come and photograph Liam. She took some pictures in his nursery, and then we moved outside and I know she got some fantastic shots out there. She also took pictures of all 3 of us together, so I'm really looking forward to having those. She said to give her about a week, so be looking for a post about that!

That's all for now, I have a bitty to go and cuddle... I'll leave you with a few pictures from the past week that make me smile. Honestly, I'm going to have to get really good about posting pictures, because I know that's what everyone wants!


Liam sleeping on Mommy's chest... he finally let go of my necklace, which is a journey pendant with his and his father's birthstones in it (thanks daddy!)

Before Niki arrived to shoot him, he discovered how to get his thumb in his mouth... in an awkward way. 

Liam loves to stretch when you're holding him, and he cranes his head back and sometimes doesn't make it back to center... 

My absolute favorite picture to date... what a face! I love my baby boy!

1 kind words:

Ivy said...

oh hes just wonderful! what a big boy! Sonya is still about 3 lbs smaller than him so he looks like such a big baby! congrats again and i cant wait to see the pics!