So I'm stuck at home. Quite literally. My driveway is completely underwater. My entire driveway- and it's overflowing into my carport. Which means it's also flooding my storage closet, where we keep our lawn mower, all our fabric deck chairs (sorry mom, I thought those dang things were safe in a closet!), our extra bags of mulch, our soil for the spider and scorpion's cages... a brand new bed of Jethro's. It's flowing into the backyard in such a manner that my ENTIRE backyard is covered in about two inches of standing water. The water is flowing from my carport slab, off over the side, down the path of stones we created and is creating rapids over the roots of the trees in the yard. My backyard has visible flow. What's scary? I was actually standing in the house when those pictures were taken.
So that's my Friday- in photos. I've already emailed them to my landlord as well. I've added another "wish" to my wish list for our first home. A driveway that has higher elevation than the street. That would be friggin' sweet.
I'm off to be grumpy with my dog- usually I love the rain but this driveway lake issue has me stressed a bit about the condition of my belongings... so I'm going to go and try and calm Jethro since he's creating his own lake -- of drool -- on the bathroom floor (he gets scared during storms). Envy me. You know you do.

0 kind words:
Post a Comment