March 1, 2009

just keep swimming

I don't have any new pictures for you this post... aw. Instead, this is a picture inspired post. We, Zach and I, were hanging out in the living room this evening doing a whole lot of nothing- I was napping on the couch because that fabled energy boost seems to be nonexistent, and Zach was playing Street Fighter IV on his X-Box-- he was really excited about it because he grew up playing the earlier versions and he's into martial arts and what not. Anyway...

Zach's phone received a text message- it was a picture, sent from his mom of one of the paintings my father-in-law is doing in the nursery. Then a few minutes later, MY phone went off and it was another picture, this time of my father-in-law in the process of painting Marlin from Finding Nemo on the wall. Zach's picture was of a completed Gill and Nemo, by the way. I cannot wait to see all the progress when I head back on Thursday for my next doctor's appointment. You have to understand, Roger is a talented, TALENTED artist. Like, he's had work displayed at the Met talented. Yeah. So, it's so special that he's taking all the time to make my baby boy's first nursery so special. Poor kid's going to feel gypped when Mommy and Daddy buy their own house and move him out of his underwater wonderland!

Anyway, I'll take my camera and post updated photos of the nursery when I get there this weekend. My baby is going to have such a wonderful nursery! I can't even believe how lucky he is. Such a spoiled little boy already! Roger and Steph are planning on keeping the Nemo decor as long as they keep the house, and we'll just use it as the grand-kid's room. Won't that be fun?

And finally, and on a different note, I have been asked what the girl's name we had picked out was... and we're keeping that a secret too! We like the name so much, we want to keep it in reserve, because while we're not planning a sibling for boy #1 until he's past 3, we don't want to give anybody our name. We've got two little girl's names and one more little boy's name in reserve. We're funny like that, but we happen to really like the names we've come up with, and we're kind of attached to them all. Sorry, guys! I have given away one name we had picked out, I've learned my lesson!

post signature

1 kind words:

Wonder Why said...

will you write me a message and tell me the other names? :-) loooooove you!