October 30, 2008

halloween eve

I haven't posted yet this week, of any consequence, and so I decided it's time for an update! Especially after my lengthy shopping post, and my addendum about how much I hate Katy. Which still stands. I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate Katy. But let's not get back into that... I'm in a good mood and I'd like to stay that way! Not a whole, whole lot has been going on in our house. Zach's been busy at school, he went to the Waco Zoo yesterday and had a wonderful time. He always enjoys the visits so much now that he gets to go "behind the scenes" and he's not treated like some common tourist with a thing for animals. Poor guy though, he's on the craziest sleeping schedule because he's so wiped out when he gets home and then wakes up at like 5:30 in the morning.

So I am going blonde. Yup, you heard right. Well, only for an evening. Haha. I went and got the last part of my Halloween costume today: temporary blonde hair color spray. I just couldn't be content with the idea of a brunette Willy Wonka. So wrong. So I've decided that I'll try and manage my hair into an up-do of some sorts for class tomorrow to preserve the texture and then when I get home, I'll frizz it out and spray it blonde and pin it to my heart's content. I'm very excited. I also bought a glitter spray to add a little sparkle and when I tried it out this afternoon... woah. My whole bathroom is covered in glitter. Bad call, hm?

Lindsay is coming over tonight and we're going to FINALLY carve our pumpkins. I'm excited, and I know she is too. I even found Zach a pattern to do that he was really okay with. Zach's anti-bought patterns with cutesy little ghosties and stuff, he prefers something a little more sinister, and what I've found him isn't sinister, but it's not normal looking, so I think it appealed to him (see above). Extra points go to whoever can tell me what that image is. Who knows what Lindsay and I will pick, but whatever we do, it'll be fun! I'm excited!

Lab today was bizarre- we did heredity which is totally interesting, but they killed the lab by not letting us break off into groups and have fun together. Whatever, I hate our TA. One of the people in lab was in a totally strange mood and she asked my lab partner if he was a "man-whore" and asked me if I "hate the world." We were both quite taken aback. We're not really sure where each respective question came from, but we laughed. My lab is more and more enjoyable as the semester goes on. I'm going to really miss those kids over the holiday.


And finally, I have to say YAY BRAD LIDGE! I always loved him when he was in Houston and it broke my heart that he kind of fell apart and couldn't right himself here. I'm so happy he's won a World Series, especially since he was so completely dominant and because it makes everyone that said nasty things about him have to eat their words. The rest of the Phillies? Don't care.


post signature

0 kind words: