September 15, 2011

my little triple 'b'

No, despite the fact that TODAY is my birthday...
(pausing for awww, congrats and all that)...
this post is in NO WAY related to MY birth.

In fact, that triple B I mentioned is this:

our Baby BOY Bloodhound!!

That's right folks, we "have" a new member of the family. He's three weeks old today. We found him at a breeder in Comfort/Sisterdale outside of good ole San Antone. 
He is one of four pups (you only see three pups on the LITTER PAGE because the breeder is keeping one of his sisters) and the only boy. We are elated he was born, because we love his mom and dad and Zach really wanted a Liver & Tan bloodhound this time around. 

Have a look at our breeder's page-- they've got some truly gorgeous dogs. Also? They used to have Jethro, too. It's fate people.
Well, it's either that, or it's an illustration of just how unoriginal a namer I was when I came up with it. 
Also, had we gotten a girl instead of a boy when we got Jethro, we'd have named her Lady Bird. Yeah, after King of the Hill. And the Boerners have a Lady Bird as well. 
Yep.

BUT.

WITHOUT further ado:

Meet Boerner's The Hugo Stiglitz!! That's gonna be "Stig" for short.

Birthday: 08/25/11

Stig: 1 week old.

Sister 2, Stig, Sister 3.

Stig: 3 weeks old.

Yes, we are beyond excited.
Yes, his nose is supposed to be light and it will stay that color.
Yes, right now his eyes are blue. 
Yes, they will darken to a pretty shade of hazel. 
Yes, this is normal for a L&T bloodhound.
Finally, yes, this is ALL the growing our family will be doing for a while. 

I cannot wait to get my hands on his perfectly formed baby self. 
His gotcha day? In exactly 1 month and 2 days: 10/17/11.

No, we're not counting down the minutes or anything...



7 kind words:

Virginia Belle said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a fantastic day. Little Stig is absolutely adorable and probably the best present of all!

Desiree Lynn said...

Awww so adorable! Enjoy the puppy stage! I was looking through our pup's scrapbook (yes I'm a crazy dog mama, no judging) wishing she was that little again. Shiloh is a 4 year old chocolate lab so she is anything but tiny haha.

CassLangley said...

OMG! He's adorable. I can't wait until the day we can get ourselves a dog. I think right now I will settle with just having a baby added to the family. Not that I have much choice, we'll have to wait until our lease is up at least before we find ourselves a pup.

Stephanie Marie said...

Eeee! That is the only sound that comes to me when I see that smooshy little face. I bet it is killing you to not go scoop him up right now and snuggle him. So sweet!

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Wish I could crash your lunch party :)

Mariko said...

What a perfect pup!!

And Happy Birthday Stefanie!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful addition to your family! Happy birthday - enjoy spending it with those near and dear to you
Lauren xxx

Kerbi said...

Happy late birthday! We have a Basset Hound and we can't wait to get a Blood Hound next year!!