August 22, 2011

and my TV goes *cricket cricket*

Today we are coming off of a pretty long dry spell in our house. 

Besides the fact that we haven't seen a drop of rain since God knows when, we've been going through another kind of drought. 
A TV drought. 

Now, we don't watch a lot of TV, honestly. While I know some who have two or three shows PER night, we usually average somewhere between three and five per WEEK.

A few weeks ago, both So You Think You Can Dance and Deadliest Catch ended. 
Castle hasn't been on for months. 
 Doctor Who ended back before the summer started. 
Boardwalk Empire is on reruns. 
Bored to Death hasn't been on since last year. 
Game of Thrones ended about a month and a half ago. 
Shoot, even my Formula 1 races are on break.

So? 
That leaves us with True Blood (and for me, Entourage, which, for some inexplicable reason I've started watching, knowing full well that it's in its final season. I don't even care, nor do I care enough to go back and watch the other seasons. Weird, I know.) on Sundays, Graham Norton on Saturdays and Deadliest Warrior on Wednesdays.

Not a lot.
See? Even Graham is horrified.

HOWEVER, in true BBC America fashion, they're going to please me beyond words this week when not one, but TWO of my favorite shows start running new episodes! Top Gear comes on tonight and I'm positively giddy with excitement. I told Zach on Saturday, I think if Michael the Fassbender and Richard Hammond (the one on the left in the picture of the men in the car below) were standing on opposite sides of a square and I could only visit with one, I'd chose the Hamster every time. AND Doctor Who comes back on this Saturday. Doctor Who kind of stopped mid season and took a break for the summer. Which drove me nuts. Just show me the season, already! But! America is FINALLY on the same schedule as the UK, so we're actually having to wait like they do.
And? Oh yeah, there's a race this weekend too-- we haven't had one in almost a month! 


Thank GOODNESS.
I'm tired of having nothing to watch for most of the week.


4 kind words:

Nancy/Mom said...

I agree: I LOVE RICHARD HAMMOND!

the tichenor family said...

Our TV tastes are so different, but I love that about you! I feel like I have been in such a TV rut and succumbed to watching such trash that I did my own "cleanse" and just decided to opt out all together until some more worthwhile programs come on!

Pam said...

I've never seen the original Top Gear, but I love the American version! My husband is a huge fan of both, and all car shows, really. =)

Wendy said...

HAMOOOND!! Love Top Gear UK!! Just finished watching BBC coverage of F1 race in Spa...very exciting!! Thank goodness for return of decent tv and racing!! Enjoy!