So I've gotten questions about HOW I do my nails, and WHAT I use.
I'm a firm believer in Essie's Protein Base Coat. Use it.
Apply one coat after the base has dried. It WON'T look good:
Take the brush down the middle of the nail, then sweep on either side of that middle stroke. Three swipes of the brush should cover the nail.
A second coat of the polish, if applied evenly will cover the whole nail and even out the inconsistencies of the first.
To add the glitter:
I use Martha Stewart glitter because it is the BEST.
Firstly, sweet a little bit of top coat over the tip of your nail.
Dip a paint brush (one you don't plan to use again) in the glitter and dab it onto the nail tip. You will get stray glitter. I like the way it looks, so I work it in. I tend to add a little extra sprinkle to the rest of the nail to make it look a little ombre. Or something.
Once you've applied the glitter, let it dry.
Then, use the brush to remove excess glitter before you cover the whole nail with top coat.
I like to use my extra paint palette to catch stray glitter.
Martha's glitter isn't cheap, so I don't like for it to be wasted.
Over the nails I don't put glitter on, I use Essie's top coat:
Over the glitter nails, I use OPI's Designer Series Top Coat. The DS makes a difference.
I put the top coat on the glitter nail pretty thick, to cover the glitter completely. I don't like rough, ragged edges. The top coat seals it all in.
The removal of the glitter isn't really very fun. But, it's no harder than any other glitter polish.
I also don't like OPI's nail polish with the glitter. I find the Essie holds better.
Give it a try! See what you come up with!
{colors above: Essie's Absolutely Shore & MS glitter in Aquamarine Crystal}
1 kind words:
You're fabulous :-)
Post a Comment