So.
Today we're going to cover a couple of movies I rented last week.
First up is Beastly with Vanessa Hudgens and Alex Pettyfer.
Now, I know this guy is supposed to be super arrogant and a complete pain in the arse to work with, but he is a darn good actor. I liked him better in I Am Number Four, but maybe it was just that IANF is a better film. Dude's got a movie coming up where he plays Channing Tatum... costarring with Channing Tatum. I mean... come on.
Alex Pettyfer aside, this movie is fine. I am not a big VH fan, so I thought she was kind of annoying the whole time. Mary-Kate Olsen and Neil Patrick Harris were my favorite parts of the film. NPH was really funny, and MKO was just magnetic. You can't take your eyes off her while she's on screen. I think the one issue I have with this film is the turn around of Kyle. It doesn't really feel real. He's just all of a sudden from one extreme to the other and there's no middle ground. I need middle ground in my transformation stories.
All that being said, it's worth renting if you're spending a girly night at home, or are in desperate need of a teeny-bopper romance. I probably won't watch it again.
Next up.
Oh yeah.
If I'm being honest, I decided I loved this movie LONG before I got to see it.
We rented it via On Demand's "See it before it's in theatres" section.
The movie is Norwegian, subtitled in English and features a university film crew of 3 who are tracking what they believe to be a bear poacher. Instead, he turns out to be a Trolljegeren (TrollHunter). They don't believe him, so they follow him around, filming what he does.
It's so. much. fun.
I loved it. Zach fell asleep. But like I said, I knew I was going to love it before I saw it. I saw previews and I fell for it, hook line and sinker. I would recommend this to no one, but I will probably buy it. The scenery made me weepy, and I loved seeing my childhood fairy tales turned into a movie. I would say, if I'm allowed, that I think this movie perfectly embodies Norway.
(just, don't come after me for the bucket of Christian's blood.)
There you have it.
Movies to rent.
Or not to rent.
I'm just trying to help out.
{image sources: beastly, trollhunter}


1 kind words:
You crack me up :-)
Post a Comment