This past Tuesday, as you may remember, the Fightin' Texas Aggies won the NCAAW National Championship.
This past Wednesday, they arrived back in College Station, and were met by some 8,000 screaming, thrilled, overjoyed, amazed, enthralled, ecstatic Aggies. Yours truly included. Yep, my mom and I made an impromptu trip to good ole Aggieland, and we are BEYOND thrilled that we did.
We were moved by what Coach Blair had to say, loved getting photos taken with our favorite players... enjoyed watching the President of the University do the Bernie and Dougie with Coach Blair and the players. In his bowtie. He's so awesome. I wish Zach had gotten to go, he'd have loved it. I'm adding the video below. I swear, I saw it in person but I still get the giggles.
Hullabaloo, Caneck, Caneck
Hullabaloo, Caneck, Caneck
Good bye to texas university
So long to the orange and the white
Good luck to dear old Texas Aggies
They are the boys who show the real old fight
"the eyes of Texas are upon you"
That is the song they sing so well
So good bye to texas university
We're gonna beat you all to…
Chigaroogarem , Chigaroogarem
Rough, Tough, Real stuff, Texas A&M
Saw varsity's horns off
Saw varsity's horns off
Saw varsity's horns off
Short! A! WHOOP!
Varsity's horns are sawed off
Varsity's horns are sawed off
Short! A! WHOOP!
{late one night while the t-sips were in bed/ old Sul Ross put a lantern in the shed/ the Aggie kicked it over/ and he winked his eye and said/ there'll be a hot time in Austin tonight}
| Sydney Carter!! |
| Sweet Lady Rev |
![]() |
| gettin' love from DA |
![]() |
| MVP Danielle Adams!! |
I realize like, two of you give a darn (Hi Sarah. Sup, Cory?) but I can't help it ;)
I can't tell you all how amazing it feels to be back in College Station. It feels so RIGHT there.
Zach and I are already planning on retiring there- and not even kidding on that.
I love being able to walk around in shorts and a tee, with my hair pulled back, no jewelry or accessories to speak of... and not be judged. I love that our defensive coach can say "Gig 'em and God bless" and nobody flips out. That calling our girls all Godly, strong Christians is something that is embraced. I love that darn school. Going back makes me realize how much I love that city, and how much I am looking forward to tailgating in Aggieland come football season. Now... if only the football team had the dynamic the ladies' basketball team does.
Erm, or the record.
You know.
I can't tell you all how amazing it feels to be back in College Station. It feels so RIGHT there.
Zach and I are already planning on retiring there- and not even kidding on that.
I love being able to walk around in shorts and a tee, with my hair pulled back, no jewelry or accessories to speak of... and not be judged. I love that our defensive coach can say "Gig 'em and God bless" and nobody flips out. That calling our girls all Godly, strong Christians is something that is embraced. I love that darn school. Going back makes me realize how much I love that city, and how much I am looking forward to tailgating in Aggieland come football season. Now... if only the football team had the dynamic the ladies' basketball team does.
Erm, or the record.
You know.



1 kind words:
I am so excited that you got to go back!!! :-)
Post a Comment