- Hi there, Easter Bunny. I wouldn't hate you even a little bit if this pretty little gem found its way into my Easter basket. In fact, I would love you quite a lot. Because I think it's just about the loveliest thing I've seen in a long time. The colors and the pattern make me drool... or, if you're late, you know... Mother's Day is not far off. Just sayin'.
- Speaking of you, Easter Bunny, please consider my sanity when bringing things to my little angel baby boy. Because I'm not sure this mama can handle *that* many more toys that make noise every time you walk near them. Seriously. Help me out. Cars aren't noisy.
- We've implemented R-U-L-E-S around this house this past week. Serious rules. Liam is suddenly not liking this, but he's been getting quite a bit too big for his little britches for my taste. I cannot handle/abide by hissy fits when I turn off the TV, slapping when he doesn't get his way... it's actually helped me out a lot, and I feel a lot better about keeping him on a short leash at the end of the day. I do NOT want the child that hits/bites/scratches others in school. Trust me, his hiney butt doesn't want that either because it wouldn't feel very nice.
- Have we talked lately about how much Kate Spade GETS me? Oh no? Loooooook at this new striped dress they just debuted on their website this past weekend. Are you kidding me? It's like she wanted to make a dress just for me, according to my taste and in colors just for an upcoming baby party. Bah. I can't even begin to justify the price. Geeze, do I wish Rent the Runway had anything by Kate Spade.

- Speaking of Rent the Runway, let me send you an email invite! I'm desperate to try out their services, but I cannot justify paying $150 to RENT a dress when I can buy something beautiful for that money. Of course, I cannot buy a Herve Leger, but you get what I'm saying. But. the $40-90 price range is more reasonable.
- We're talking cars. VERY casually. But... well, whispering. I love old cars. Classic cars. What Id like more than anything to tool around in on the weekends? An old WWII era jeep.
- My favorite TV show is getting ready to come back on air for a new season. It starts on the 23rd and I'm flipping excited. This upcoming season will be the FIRST time EVER that the series has been filmed on US soil, and I'm actually super, duper excited. Because he's going to sport a Stetson. Of course, now, Brits have started snapping up XX Stetsons to match him (he's a big cosplay character!) and they're surprised by the feel/shape/structure. No, duh. I just have to laugh. Measure your heads carefully, oh orderers from abroad!
- My iPad arrived this past Wednesday. I can officially say we are all in love with it. Zach's been playing Angry Birds on it. I downloaded a couple apps for Liam, a xylophone and coloring pages. We've been out to eat a few times since it arrived and I've taken the iPad along and just let him play with his coloring pages before the meal comes and he loves it. I love it too, by the way ;)
- I have the first line of my favorite poem engraved on the back (hello, when you order from Apple, engraving is free) and named the iPad after the poem's author. Yes, in THIS house, we name things. My old desktop was named Ralf after Ralf Schumacher. My iPod Touch is named Barnaby Barabas. Zach's iPod is named Roscoe T. Coltrane. Yep, that's us. So I now lovingly refer to the iPad as EAP.
- I have to find a cover for my iPad. I don't love the magnetic one Apple makes. It's not really enough to protect it the way I want. I want something that's indestructible (a la Otterbox) but cute. Hey, Kate Spade, team up with Otterbox, please. :)
- I have already told my hubbers, our next home WILL NOT be in a master planned community. He agrees. I could never see another Homeowner's Association again in my life and it'll be too soon. I loathe them with every fiber of my being. Honestly, more HOAs need to be like New Territory and Pecan Grove: be your OWN organization and don't outsource. You're losing your sensitivity to your residents. I'm trying to talk Z into buying one of those couple-acre properties for sale on 359. That'd be heavenly.
- I don't know where I saw it, probably in Lucky, but whoever recommended that people with blue-green eyes wear purple eyeshadow like Olivia Wilde does... I love you. I never, ever, ever would have thought of it, but man-oh-man do my eyes POP with purple shadow. Like, for serious. Love.
- Strangely, when I preview this post, it is formatting with about three line spaces between each bullet point. I haven't a clue why. I haven't ever had it do that before. I guess Blogger is just trying to prove that it's smarter than me again. Whatever.
- I know a lot of people who just don't care, but I am excited about the Royal Wedding. Yes, capitalize the event. I'm pumped, anyway. I grew up in a country that has a long-standing monarchy. King Harald V, to be exact. Also, Australia is part of the Commonwealth, so while they've got a PM, they're still subjects of the British Royal Family. So yes, I'm really excited to watch the wedding because I feel like I can relate to being a "subject" better than most Americans. Also, how gorgeous is she? Fabulous.
- IF you're like me and enjoy classic films, you need to check out Royal Wedding! It's set in London, back when Prince William's dear Grandmama was getting married. It stars Fred Astaire, Jane Powell and Peter Lawford (who married into the American Royal Family, the Kennedys). It's so fun and sweet, and the scene where Fred Astaire is dancing on the walls and ceiling of his hotel room was shot by rotating the WHOLE room. I mean, it's just an incredible scene to watch, considering it was filmed in 1951. Check it out, you will definitely not regret it. Also, Peter Lawford is incredibly dashing.
Can I just add a disclaimer?I don't know WHAT THE HECK is up with the formatting in this post. It's completely bonkers and the post looks TERRIBLE and is driving me CRAZY but I can't seem to fix it enough to make me happy. I'm throwing in the towel on this post and I'll cringe at the formatting every time I see it, but at some point, give up, move on, make it better next time.
Oy.
SOURCES: {kate spade bangle, kate spade dress, wwii jeep, stetsons are cool, ipad2, EAP, Wills&Kate, Royal Wedding}




3 kind words:
i need that bangle to add to my collection!!!
I love the Royal Wedding(the movie), but sadly I can't seem to get into the hype of the real Royal Wedding! Probably because my life is crazy busy right now :-). BUT I have been seeing previews for Dr. Who on my Hulu and every time I see it I think of you!!! And I think you're cute and I love old cars too, but my ideal is a red Mustang convertible, preferably early 60s! :-D Love you!
loooove the Kate Spade dress!!!
Post a Comment