(it's my 400th post. yay.)
Can y'all answer my questions?
For real.
Cory- #1 is kinda your arena... and oh, so's #2. Oops.
- Water when working out. Is it better to drink room temperature water, tap cold or ice water? I've heard ice water burns more calories because your body has to warm it up to process it, which would make me think ice, but then maybe since you're already burning calories, your body just needs the quick hydration, not the extra warming-up step? HELP!
- Working out again. Are reverse crunches (i.e. lying on your back, using your stomach muscles to pull your knees into your chest) really more effective than traditional crunches? They sure do hurt more...
- Can anyone recommend a good yoga DVD that doesn't involve that Bethenney chick? I don't care for her (obviously, I can't remember how to spell her name).
- I have lots of wedding/engagement showers and parties on the horizon. Is it EVER acceptable to wear white to one of these functions if you're not the bride? If you WERE the bride and a girl showed up in white, would you be angry? Similar vein: black?
- Lululemon. Worth the BIG money?? That much better than Gap? I like to work out/walk in cropped leggings and am very picky.
- White jeans. What is the most flattering cut? I don't want to add extra bulk, so I think skinny. I tried the jeggings at Gap and wanted to kill myself. I don't want "trouser" because that's a lot of fabric for summer. Boot cut- still a lot of fabric?
- Consumer problem. I bought a shirt from STORE. I tried it on, it fit, discarded receipt. The first time I wore it was to help my mom at her garage sale. Suddenly, black stains on both shoulders and the front showed up, and they won't come out in the wash. I tried soaking shirt to loosen stains, but all that loosened was the dye. My water turned turquoise. Would you call STORE to complain, keeping in mind that the running dye ruined a $40 pair of pants (also from STORE)?
- Do you send a wedding present to a family member, even if you weren't invited to the wedding?
- How many times would you try contacting someone (who used to be very important to you) before you gave up, even if your attempts weren't regular?
Methinks that's all for right now.
Any honest answer would be greatly appreciated.
Can I just aside really quick?
Thanks, you don't get a say.
TODAY my wonderful FIL is getting unhooked from his chemotherapy pump for what we are hoping and praying is the last time. He has been on his cancer journey for 3 and 1/2 years. He has had multiple different sets of chemo, each containing at least 8 rounds, I believe. He's had multiple radiation treatments, multiple surgeries.
And yet, he has remained a positive, happy man who continues to enjoy life and help those around him even when his body doesn't feel like it can.
We're all so happy, so pleased, so thrilled that he might have finally reached the end of this ordeal, so please, send up a prayer for him today. Let this be his last treatment. Let his cancer be in remission. Let him get his port removed. Let him get healthy, be able to taste his food, feel his fingers and toes and be able to enjoy a margarita. Amen ;)

8 kind words:
3. Try Academy or Target for a good yoga video without Bethany. I have one, but I don't remember what it's called :-)
4. I think it's okay to wear white to showers, just not the wedding, and black is okay I think depending on the type of wedding. Personally, I wouldn't care :-)
6. I don't think white jeans are good for anyone, but that's just me and my clumsy self. Too much opportunity for stains
7. Absolutely call and complain. And see if they have a solution for your issue.
8. No.
9.I usually try for about a month, emails, phone calls, etc. and then leave it to the fates.
Love you!
OH AND Congrats to Roger for being unhooked!!!!!!! He's been in our thoughts and prayers since day 1! Keeping fingers crossed!
4. I don't wear white to anyone's wedding events. I just think it's a no-no. Especially not the rehearsal dinner or wedding though. Black doesn't bother me at all. It's a standard.
5. I tried on a pair of pants from them and wasn't in love enough to spend the money. I'd rather have a few pairs of less expensive pants...they're just for working out.
7. It probably depends on the kindness of the store (and if they are familiar with you) but I wouldn't hold your breath. Worth a try though!
8. No... I would send a card but no gift.
Keeping Zach's dad in my prayers!
First off good news on FIL!
I only have answers for the following ...but Im going to read comments to find answer on #1 and #5
#4 - White with pattern to wedding shower I think ok, plain white I would just not do. White anything on wedding day wouldnt do. But thats just me :)
#7 - I would call, it cant hurt right? Ask for manager and explain (I assume you shop at this STORE often) and Im sure they can do something for you. If it were me I would do this.
#8 - No invite - no gift
#9 - I guess you have to ask yourself, is this a cronic flake friend? Will they always be like this...if so then you ask are willing to accept that. If not then it might be a point you cut it off. If this person is not a flake but yall had a falling out then I might say its worth a shot for a year to see if you can mend it.
I like this post :) Fun to answer questions!
I know I never comment on anything anymore, but this looked super fun. So here goes, hope I can help some:
1. I have no idea, I don't work out lol sorry.
2.Again, Im super outta shape lol
3.Ugh can't stand that chick. Depends on your skill level and type that you like (I like Hatha) but I really liked these when I was really into yoga http://www.gaiam.com/category/yoga-studio/yoga-media.do?SID=WG102SPRTAPEMACS&extcmp=ps_b_nb
4.I wouldn't care if someone had worn white to one of my wedding events however as a guest to any wedding event I wouldn't wear white. Maybe a white based print, but that's as close to white as I would get personally.
5. If you wear yoga pants alot (like a few times a week) I would def invest in a pair or two. I love the gap ones and even old navy but they don't last nearly as long with frequent washings. I have one pair of from L and they have lasted for YEARS (and keep in mind all I wear is yoga pants lol). My gap ones only last about a year before they have holes or are jsut too worn out.
6. Im too hippy for white jeans so Im not a good judge but I would say no to skinny jeans in white just bc I have never seen someone pull them off.
7.Depends on the store. Nordstroms will take back almost anything no matter how long it has been. They even took back one of sams baby blankets a year later bc it had a tear! I'd say it's worth calling, at least to complain. You may not get anything out of them but at least you will feel like you did something.
8.Normally I say no invite no gift. But if you know that you werent invited b.c they are trying to keep it small b/c of budget or b/c its far away etc. and you really like them, send something small. But if there is no invite then you 100 percent are off the hook if you don't want to send something.
9. Depends on how important the person is. If you truly love them, try a few more times then "give up" but always remember to be understanding in the future should they ever want to return to your life. I mean keep them at arms length (forgive but don't forget), if they are important enough they will probably come back around at some point.
LOOVE this post, such a cute idea!
Hi Stephanie! I'm a bit of a running-nerd, so I will try to add my two cents :)
1. http://walking.about.com/od/fluids/f/coldwatermyth.htm -- Looks like cold is good; I don't know that there's really a big disparity between the benefits of cold vs. coldER water. I personally have a hard time taking big gulps of ice cold water, so I prefer colder-than-tap, but not ice cold water when I run. Basically, it's just important that you rehydrate and replace electrolytes! :)
2. I think the two types of crunches that you're referring to have different effectivenesses, but it's because they work different abs muscle groups. [http://www.flat-stomach-exercises.com/ab-crunches.html] Normal crunches work your upper abs, and anything where you're using your lower abs/back to lift your tush or pull in your legs strengthens your lower abs.
3. I don't do yoga, but I'd go to Amazon.com and check to see what yoga DVDs are rated highest there and then I'd read the reviewers' comments. Some people give really great, helpful, honest reviews on Amazon.
5. The only person I've known to wear Lululemon was a guy. That said, I'm picky about my favorite hardcore workout clothes, and I really like Nike's dryfit line. The stuff is comfortable, warm when you need it to be, and never damp even after long workouts!
Yay again for your FIL!
1.) I don't think the temp of the water *really* matters in the grand scheme of things. If you like to drink cold, go for it, but any extra calories it burns is probably very small.
2.) all crunches are good, but yes you should definitely try to get your lower abs a good work out too. another way to do this is just straight leg lifts, put your hands under your butt if your back begins to hurt!
3.) Look for DVDs by Kate Potter, I think they are just called "Namaste Yoga" It is *real* yoga, not the bethenny stuff. I wouldn't spend too much money on the ones they sell at Target and places like that bc those are usually very generic.
4.) No white. I accidentally wore white to a cousin's shower (just wasn't even thinking) and homegirl talked crap about me to everyone in my family! ha! I think it's better not to take your chances.
5.) I LOVE LuLu!! Yes pricey, but they last. Another great place, and a little more affordable, is Lucy. They have a store in Highland Village, right by the pet adoption place, kind of stuck in the corner. Easy to miss but I have tons of stuff from them and their sales put LuLu to shame. Seriously, cute, great stuff.
6.) I have yet to find a good pair of white jeans. Most "skinny" jeans mean "stretchy" as well and that is what shows the lumps and bumps. My mom tried on a pair of cropped white jeans at Ann Taylor Loft the other night though and they were really cute on her.
7.) Call, you never know.
8.) Someone else said yes if it's understood the wedding is trying to be kept small. I agree with that, other wise something very small, or just not at all.
9.) Don't know mama, I don't think there's a set amount of times. Give it as much energy as you feel it deserves, and then just try to let go if nothing comes of it.
1 - Doesn't matter, just hydrate. I'm usually drinking from the fountain at hte gym, or it's def not iced if I'm running outside.
2 - They work different areas so you should ideally be doing both.
3 - There's one by The Firm that is GREAT! It's more of a workout than relaxation.
4 - I wouldn't wear black or white. It's spring/summer...wear a spring/summer dress.
5 - Love it & the free alterations. But honestly not worth the $. I make do with Champion and Under Armour for performance stuff. LLLM is for showing off at the gym. = )
6 - Boot or straight. White highlights everything and so do skinnies. So only do that combo if you're really comfortable with how thin you are (or how thin you aren't).
7 - I'd go in and let them know what happened. I've had lots of things tear on my first wear and taken them right back in for a refund or credit. Mostly boutiques but also at some chains, too.
8 - Nope.
9 - Two or three.
Post a Comment