January 18, 2011

golden globes: best and worst

I had TOO much fun last night watching the Red Carpet coverage and the Golden Globes while trading jabs with my friends.
SO.
MUCH.
FUN.

I can't wait to do it again at the end of February.
(I'm secretly hoping hubs will drink too much and add color commentary to the show)

Anyway, nobody cares too much about what I thought of the show itself- I will say I loved Ricky Gervais, I thought he was very funny, if you knew ahead of time what you were getting.
Ricky is Ricky- he's going to go as far as he can and then *that* much more.
Moving on.

TO the FASHION.
AND I am going to cover the MEN. 
Because nobody gives the guys enough due. 

My picks for BEST DRESSED HER & HIM:


Amy Adams was BE-A-UTIFUL. I couldn't get over it. She's such a stunning woman and I love that she's not everywhere you look in a bikini (*cough* jenn aniston *cough). She is one of my 2 favorite actresses and I just think she was perfection last night. I'd kill for her complexion and hair color
Joseph Gordon-Levitt was my pick for best dressed male because he just cleans up so well, and he can WEAR the HECK out of a suit. And we all know I love a good bow tie. He looked dapper, he was dashing and I love his hitRECord red dot pin. Saying something without being obnoxious. 
Honorable Mentions: Emma Stone & RDJ.

My picks for WORST DRESSED HER & HIM:


Halle Berry was a hot mess. Joan Rivers just said "If you were sitting in the front row, you could see Catwoman's kitty." Yes, yesyesyes. Halle looked like a hooker. It was all wrong.
Christian Bale was my choice for worst dressed man. There were a lot of guys who got it wrong, and I had a hard time deciding between him and Matt Damon (go back and look- his suit looks horrible). I thought CB's pants were too baggy, I don't care for the black on black on black and I really don't like the hair. There are no excuses for looking this cheap when you're as rich and famous as he is. 
Honorable Mentions: Michelle Williams & Matt Damon.


honorable horrible mentions:


Bieber. His suit was horrible. I get he's like, 12, but somebody should have told him NO.
Hayden actually wasn't at the ceremony itself but went to the after parties (awww, poorgirlcantact). Um, excuse me, I mean HAYDEN'S PASTIES went to the after parties. Cause nobody was looking at anything else. Nasty.


Also, you'll find my post DEVOID of any Helena Bonham Carter pictures because we ALL know what she looked like. But I'm not even going to put her on my worst dressed list because I wish I had the balls that lady has. And to be honest, I thought the dress fit her well. She's just so amazing, I love that she doesn't think anything of going on the carpet with her Bellatrix hair and mismatched shoes. BALLS
I love her.


Those were my picks. Hopefully more than 4 people will step it the heck up for the Oscars. I wasn't really feeling a LOT of what went on last night.



Image Sources: {amyadams, josephgordonlevitt, halleberry, christianbale, justinbieber, haydenp}

1 kind words:

Nancy (Nah-nah) said...

Ricky was funny! Loved the exchange with Steve Corell. Amy was breathtaking as always. I love her, too. And I've LOVED JGL ever since "Angels in the Outfield." He'll always be a fav. Helena - I'll bet Jo Rowling had her in mind when she wrote the books with Belatrix in them. She always looks like crap, but she's at least being herself. Gotta love her for that. Best acceptance speech: Colin Firth. What he said about his wife was priceless. Over-exposure during the show: Brad and
Angie. Enough already! Who died and made them royalty? Gag!