February 15, 2010

piece of my *heart*

Happy -belated- Valentine's Day!
I hope everyone had a fantastic, fun, love-filled day.

It was our first as a family of three, and it was nice to have two Valentines this year.
My mom was an angel and came over around 9:30 to babysit little man. We decided it would be easier for Liam if we went out for lunch instead of dinner- also we're not a fussy couple, so a casual lunch is way more *us* than a fancy dinner. Keep in mind, of course, that Dr. Clark doesn't have any need for "business casual" (gag) clothes since he's in scrubs all day, every day.

We went to see The Wolfman and then had lunch at La Finca.
The movie was fan-friggin'-tastic. I loved it. I don't enjoy scary movies, but I loved this one- it's not a horror movie, it's not meant to be. It really is a modern remake of the Lon Chaney Jr. film. And as completely un-Valentines as it seems, it has a wonderful love story, and I'll wager that the acting was far superior to any of the acting in the rom-coms that were out for the chick-flickers out there. Benicio Del Toro was perfection. Just... ugh, he was so perfect.
AND there were bloodhounds (Haley...) in the film a one looked like Jethro!
Now I can't wait until Alice in Wonderland comes out!
{aside: Is anybody else out out there as in love with Tim Burton as I am? I love most of his work (Big Fish and Planet of the Apes aside) and own a good portion of it. Actually, some of my all-time favorite movies are Tim Burton, I just love his sense of humor- yes, he has one- and the way he conveys the mood of his films. LOVE him.}

{sweet little family}

{my valentines- how adorable is that onesie??}

{from the hubby}

{i *heart* you, ashley m!}

{i *heart* you, ashley q!}

{sent 9 of these out... did you get one?}

4 kind words:

The Sturgeon Family said...

I have been wanting to see 'Wolfman' so badly! Now I have more of a reason to go b/c of the bloodhounds. Plus, I am a huge Emily Blunt fan!

Looks like you guys had a wonderful Valentine's Day! Have a great week.

Ivy said...

sweet sweet sweet!

AM said...

I love you too! and I haven't gotten one yet.......

the tichenor family said...

I loved your Valentine's! Ashley does such a great job... too cute!

PRecious onesie on Liam... good job finding a store bought Valentine tee for a boy that's not super lame. I think you're becoming a professional boy mom shopper! :)

As for Tory BUrch, her shoes run VERY true to size. Not big, not small. I have 5 pairs and every single one is my exact size and fit me like a glove.

Lets shop & play soon!! xoxo