I got around to getting stockings hung yesterday. We didn't have one for Liam and I've been having trouble deciding what to do about stockings.
Firstly- I hate store bought stockings. The first store-bought I've ever had is the one I've got now that I bought at Target for myself and Zach two years ago. They're okay... just okay. My stocking at my mom's is a beautiful cross stitched Christmas tree my Nana made for me. My stocking at Zach's parents is another beautiful cross stitched one that Steph made me after we got married. She even finished one for Liam recently. So precious. I guess I just really love that I never went over to a friend's house and saw that we had identical stockings. I wanted mine unique and special, and I want that for my family.
But at our house? Nada. I've got our two store bought Target ones and yesterday we just bit the bullet and bought Liam one at Wal-Mart just so he'd have one. He likes it- It has Mickey and Pluto and plays music. Perfect for a baby, but not something I want to stick with.
I've added various stockings from both Pottery Barn and Pottery Barn Kids to my cart and never checked them out. I just can't bring myself to do it. I don't want us to have matching ones- I don't want to get in a position where I'm stuck having to buy all new when we eventually give Liam a sibling because we can't find Child #2 one to match... I'm a freak about stockings.
So today I decided to get on Joann Fabrics and see what cross stitch patterns they had because that's what I was planning on making us- except I found something WAY better! They're "felt applique" kits and I'm so excited about them because a) they're on sale and b) they're something I can make myself so my family has beautiful, personalized stockings made by me!

{for Zach}

{for Me- I love the Nativity}

{for Liam}
Seriously- how adorable are those? I can't wait for them to come so I can start working on them. I started to think- and I believe these will be better than cross stitched ones because they're more to my skill level (I don't know how to cross stitch very well) and that way they're different from what we'll have at the Grandparent's houses.
Don't you love that I was even able to find one for Zach that is SO Zach?
I'll post again soon! I have a lot more to talk about but Bitty Boy is rolling around in his crib, yelling over the soundtrack to Disney's Beauty and the Beast. Go boy, go!
2 kind words:
adorable!!! i love those! hey can you please email me your NEW home address at ivyruths@gmail.com as soon as you can! pleeease! thank you!
Those are so cute! You are one crafty sister.
So, I haven't heard from you in a while, but I wanted to make sure that you knew that you WON the Twillypop giveaway! If you haven't already, contact Sara so that she can send you your two necklaces. If you have already emailed her, then just disregard, but I thought you would be pumped to know!
Post a Comment