July 11, 2009

food for thought


As the final days of my pregnancy wind down, I'm starting to realize that I'll be having to watch my diet. No more "it's okay, I'm pregnant" excuses for me! I started really looking at what I've been eating lately and I've realized I am the pickiest of eaters, apparently.

For Example:

* I saw Meredith's pan of Rice Krispie Treats and I raised her one- I made two pans today! I made one for my hubby with M&M's in them, and one with peanut butter in them. I can't eat plain rice krispie treats- they're too sweet for my palate, and I love how the peanut butter cuts that sugary sweetness.

* I hate bananas- I can't stand the texture, it makes me want to vomit. However, one of my absolute favorite treats is banana bread. I love, love, love banana bread.

* I love fruit flavored pop-tarts. I refuse to go near Brown Sugar Cinnamon ones, or all the various chocolatey flavors they have out now- in fact when my hubby toasts them, it makes me want to gag. I'm sad they've gotten rid of the watermelon, berry and wild strawberry flavors and wish they'd come back!

* I will ONLY eat my Rice Krispies if I have whole milk to eat them with. If there is no whole milk, I'll mix whatever milk I have with half-and-half. I cannot eat Rice Krispies without a heavy cream flavor in my milk. It started when we moved to Perth, and it's a horrid habit.

* My husband has gotten me hooked on Sour Patch Kids- the only ones I like to eat by themselves are the red and green ones. I like to eat a yellow and green together at the same time, and a yellow and orange- but I never mix anything with red.

* I do not like my vegetables cooked too much- mushy green beans are gross, mushy broccoli is worse, and mushy cauliflower is the worst of all. My hubby says I under cook veggies, so I have to take my portion out and continue to cook his. I also believe cooking a carrot is ruining a carrot.




I wonder if this is excessive pickiness, or if everyone has silly little things about the way they eat...
Either way, I have got to get over my little indulgences I've allowed myself over the last 8 months. *sigh*


1 kind words:

AM said...

I think everybody has special ways they like their food :-D