June 5, 2009

trend setter

APPARENTLY I was much trendier than I thought when I was planning my wedding.

Since I got married, I have seen no less than seven-- SEVEN -- girls I know use peonies and hydrangeas as their wedding flowers. I did that over 2 years ago, thank you. 

I just wanted to point that out, because when you think about it, there are a lot of other flowers out there to choose. I know there are a few other girls out there who strive to be original (Ivy... Ivy... Ivy...) when planning their nuptials, and it's fun to point out who went there first... and best, in my opinion.




An aside: I managed to electrocute myself last night while I was plugging in a night light that fell out of its socket upstairs. Felt it, hard. What was my first thought? Oh my God, I have killed my baby. I went into panic mode, called the clinic (at 11:30 at night) and talked to one of the OBs from my doctor's office... she said to sit up and wait for movement and if I hadn't had "normal" movement in 30 minutes to call her back. A kick to the belly, a simultaneous punch to the ribs and a swipe at my bladder have never been more welcome. Dear God, I am ready for him to come!!

post signature

2 kind words:

Anonymous said...

gee stef glad to hear everything worked out ok, it must have been such a fright for you,,,,just think, only one more month and all the worry, sickness and inconvinience will pay off in the most wonderful way possible! here's to an easy final month! x

AM said...

you're amazing. and look how pretty we all are!!!!! I'm glad you and baby l are okay! can't wait to see you!