May 5, 2009

to bassinet or no?

For those of you who have been following me closely since we found out about Baby Boy Clark (BBC- for future reference), I have been stoutly against the bassinet. I basically resisted because I think those baskets on stands are just too awful- I'm a modern furniture kind of girl and just couldn't bring myself to do it. I do have a cradle that my mom got painted in Norwegian folk art when I was little, but I think it's just too small for a baby (a real baby, anyway). So to this point, I had decided against the bassinet. 

Also, if you could see the room that we'll be in when BBC comes, you would understand why I'm resisting putting another piece of furniture in that room- there's a bed and about 3 feet of walking space on either side of the bed and maybe- MAYBE 4 feet at the foot of the bed. Not much space for a piece of furniture. However... 


Meredith posted on her lifestyle blog, Misc Mer, about the Cariboo Folding Bassinet. Folding. As in, when BBC isn't occupying said bassinet, it can be folded up and put against the wall. Sweet. And you can buy new bassinet bags for it, so I can go with a pretty blue polka dot, or a really retro-modern yellow print

I'm pretty much in love- and the practicality of this bassinet has me enamored of the idea of having BBC in the bedroom with me, at least for a little while. And it's okay, you don't have to worry too much about my hubby getting a decent night's sleep with BBC in the room, he can sleep through anything (example: thunderstorms that wake me up and have Jethro scared, or last night, when Jethro jumped up and started growling and snarling at our door-- why I don't know, but it scared me!). I'm also really into the idea that it'd be easy to store after BBC has made the transition to his crib and how easily it can go from a boy bed to a girl bed should BBC's future sibling be of the opposite gender. 

post signature

0 kind words: