February 7, 2009

home?

I sent back to Sugar Land on Thursday morning for my next appointment with my Dr. I took my mom since Zach couldn't get away from school, and it was neat because she got to hear the baby's heart beat and I was taught how to feel for my uterus. I was only supposed to spend one night there, but I ended up spending two. I didn't want to come back today. I felt bad leaving Zach all alone, but he really hasn't been much company since he's been on nights and I've been extraordinarily lonely. 

I love going back to Sugar Land. I love playing with my mom and my in-laws. I hate having to come back to College Station. I hate it. At the moment I have huge black mascara stains all over my face because I just cry and cry when I get back here. I am going to blame the pregnancy. I think it would have been easier this time if I had had somebody be here when I got home, but it's hard not to think about how much you miss being somewhere else when you're all alone and pretty pouty. Jethro hates it when I cry, and he's been in my face the whole time, looking as pitiful as I do. We're a pathetic pair. I can't wait to move home. I know my husband loves me, but I feel like I'm all alone and separated from the people who love me and it makes me really, really sad. May, come quick!

I had a wonderful, wonderful time at home. Thursday before my appointment, mom and I went to La Cocina for lunch. I love that place, it's yummy. Then we went to the appointment, had a few laughs with my Dr. and then decided to play for a bit. We went to West Oaks after the appointment, looking for A Pea in the Pod, which was supposed to be there. Well, they didn't have a shop, but we found some of their stuff at Macy's and I got my first maternity clothes Thursday afternoon. We also ran into the Disney Store and I found some small rubber toys that were perfect for the nursery: Nemo, Squirt and Bruce!
Friday, I got up and went to lunch with my mom and brother, and then my mom and I went and did a little bit more running. We went to Babies R Us, where I used my gift card and the money my mother-in-law gave me for maternity wear on some more shirts. I decided, after leaving there, to stay one more night, for lots of reasons. Mom and I puttered through the stores around the mall and then headed home. That evening Roger, Steph and I went back out for more maternity wear! I got some adorable, adorable shirts, a couple more pairs of jeans, a jacket, sweater, a pair of linen pants and a pair of crop sweats. I have some adorable maternity clothes. I love all of them, and I like that when I wear them, I actually look pregnant. My "pre-preggy" clothes squash my belly so it doesn't look like baby so much as breakfast, you know? Anyway, I love the way I look in my maternity wear. 
I got up fairly early today- I was up by 9:30! I know, most of you are wondering at that being early, but for me it really is. Steph was going to get her hair done, so she left Roger and I to our own devices for the afternoon. We met mom and Brad for lunch at Lopez and then we headed back out to West Oaks. Roger had seen a 34'' Nemo stuffed animal on the Disney Store website, and wanted to order it but was hesitant at the $40.oo price tag. I noticed it on sale for half that when I was there Thursday, so we went out and got the big stuffed Nemo, and a smaller stuffed Squirt. Steph loved them when we got home- we all agreed that the Squirt looked like puppy Emmy-- they're both buggy eyed. I was really, really long in getting ready to get back up here today- and drove most of the way in the dark...

I was really scared when I got home, though, because no lights were on at the house, and Zach usually leaves the side door light on. When I pulled into the drive way, I saw that the side door was hanging wide open. I about had a heart attack. I could tell that the door hadn't been forced open, sometimes if you don't give it a good slam, it doesn't close. I was freaking out. I left my car lights on, grabbed my cell phone, poised to call 9-1-1. But our new HDTV was still here, my laptop was still in place next to it... then it dawned on me that my cat probably got out. I thank the good Lord above that my cat is a lazy sh*t, because she was curled up in my bed! The door was probably open for 2 1/2 hours! How lucky did we get!? 

Okay, that's enough of me being pathetic for one post. We got the order for our "gender anatomy" ultrasound, which we have to get done between the 9th and the 25th. I am so, so freaking excited. If I thought I could swing it, I wouldn't have come back to College Station at all today and would have just waited around until Monday to get it done... I'm not good at being patient.

post signature

0 kind words: